Regional Healthy Living Director
Under the direction of the District Executive Director of Healthy Living and consistent with the Christian Mission of the YMCA, the Regional Healthy Living Director will be responsible for providing the strategic development and comprehensive management of health & wellness programming for the Dowd, Childress Klein, and Gateway Village YMCAs. Focus areas include new member onboarding, fitness, personal training, group exercise and wellness.
• Responsible for driving synergy and continuity in operations between Membership and Healthy Living including new member onboarding.
• Oversee the strategic develop of revenue generating fitness programs including but not limited to personal training and small group training for assigned Y Region.
• Oversee strategic development of Group Exercise program development for assigned Y Region in partnership with Association Director of Group Exercise
• Oversee strategic development of wellness programming in partnership with assigned Association support staff.
• Ensure effective operational efficiencies to control/reduce operational expenses.
• Develop and manage onsite/offsite health and wellness programs in response to membership and community needs and in conjunction with hospital collaborations and corporate membership programs.
• Provide counsel to branch executive leadership and guide the development of all branch health & wellness initiatives.
• Collaborate with branch teams in the areas of community development, marketing, financial development, etc. to ensure successful collaborations, events and programming.
• Develop and manage the annual budget with input from directors and executive directors for the assigned areas within approved budget guidelines.
• Provide direct leadership of assigned Y Region health, wellness and personal training departments, which includes supervision and evaluation of staff based on branch, Y Community and Association goals.
• Provide presence, guidance and support for health and fitness special events
• Direct the recruitment, training, supervision of health & wellness volunteers in the North Y Region branches; develop and provide leadership to all health & wellness related volunteer committees.
• Provide measureable and evaluative data of assigned areas of responsibility.
• Assist in the Annual Support Campaign within the North Y Region.
• Represent the North Region at Association health/wellness committees and community initiatives.
• Represent the YMCA and maintain appropriate relationships with area organizations, community leaders and businesses.
• Ensure that all branches within the assigned Y region have strategic plans that focus on the Association health and wellness priorities.
• 7-10 years of experience in management and supervision of health & wellness staff and developing short and long term goals that support and enhance related programming.
• A four-year college degree in Physical Education or Health/Fitness related field, or minimum 10 years related experience.
• Present a professional image and have excellent written, oral and presentation skills.
• Highly organized with superior supervisory skills, and a record of sound judgment, initiative and independent thinking.
• Successful experience developing and managing department budgets
• Ability to make independent decisions and being held accountable for outcome.
• Certified in Infant and Child CPR, Adult CPR/AED and First Aid, or ability to obtain upon hire.
• Enthusiastic personality with the ability to develop harmonious relationships with staff, members, volunteers and community leaders.
• Current national personal training certification or related experience.
• Ability to work in a 40-hour week with irregular work hours.
• Ability to walk, stand, and sit (including on the floor) for long periods of time.
• Ability to stand or sit while maintaining alertness for several hours at a time.
• Position may require bending, leaning, kneeling, and walking.
• Ability to speak concisely and effectively communicate.