Bocado, the popular Atlanta restaurant, is opening its second location in Charlotte this summer at Atherton Mill.
What to expect: The 2,700-square-foot restaurant and bar will transform the Big Ben Pub space with modern updates that give it a moody lounge vibe in the evening.
- The Southern menu will include dishes like the double stack burger, pasta carbonara, roasted chicken with stone-ground grits, and deviled eggs.
- From the bar, expect classic cocktails as well as a selection of wine and local beers.
- Hours: Bocado will be open for brunch, lunch, happy hour, dinner and late-night.
- Location: 2000 South Blvd. Ste. 150
The big picture: Bocado will be one more draw for the Atherton development, which now has 30 tenants open, including trendy retailers like Free People, Madewell, and Barry’s Bootcamp. [Go deeper]
- It’s also a big deal that Bocado chose Charlotte as its second location after 12 years in Atlanta, underscoring what a hot area South End is for investors.
What happens to Big Ben? The beloved British pub, a second home for soccer fans, will close at the end of February. It is currently searching for a new location, according to CBJ.
Editor’s note: This article has been corrected to include the timing of Big Ben Pub’s closure. It remains open until the end of February.