Atlanta’s Bocado is opening its third location in Charlotte this Friday, June 25, at Atherton Mill.
What to expect: The 2,700-square-foot restaurant and bar will transform the Big Ben Pub space with modern updates that give it a moody lounge vibe in the evening.
- The Southern menu will include dishes like the double stack burger, pasta carbonara, roasted chicken with stone-ground grits, and deviled eggs.
- From the bar, expect classic cocktails as well as a selection of wine and local beers.
- Hours: Bocado will be open for brunch, lunch, happy hour, dinner and late-night.
- Location: 2000 South Blvd. Ste. 150
The big picture: Bocado will be one more draw for the Atherton development, which now has 30 tenants open, including trendy retailers like Free People, Madewell, and Barry’s Bootcamp. [Go deeper]
- It’s also a big deal that Bocado chose Charlotte as its second location after 12 years in Atlanta, underscoring what a hot area South End is for investors.
Location: 2000 South Blvd., Ste. 530.
Hours: 3:30pm-midnight on Monday-Saturday and 3:30-10pm on Sunday.
What happens to Big Ben? The beloved British pub, a second home for soccer fans, has moved to Elizabeth and will reopen soon.
Editor’s note: This article was last updated on June 25, 2021 to include the latest on Bocado’s opening.