Senior Manager, Software Engineering – Marketing Technology
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 18 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2019 sales of $72.1 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports its hometown Charlotte region and all communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
As a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company, Lowe’s is committed to creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts through nonprofit partnerships. Across every community we serve, Lowe’s associates donate their time and expertise through the Lowe’s Heroes volunteer program. For the latest news, visit Newsroom.Lowes.com or follow @LowesMedia on Twitter.
Do you thrive on new and exciting digital technology? Are you looking for an opportunity to be part of an enormous digital evolution and large-scale transformation? As a Sr. Manager Software Engineering, Marketing Technology in the Lowe’s Technology organization, you will be collaborating with marketing, product management, technology, and user experience teams to create world-class experiences.
This includes providing oversight of the implementation and maintenance of business and enterprise software solutions to ensure the successful deployment of released applications. This individual also provides insight and recommendations to inform the roadmap and overall health and care of the larger portfolio.
This is a leader of people who clear obstacles for his/her team while empowering and enabling others to solve complex technical and business problems. To be successful, the individual in this role must bring a strong combination of business and technical acumen and be able to provide solutions that balance the unique needs of both the business and technology.
• Can facilitate conversations with leaders across Business and Technology to drive marketing technology initiatives.
• You have a proven track record of a “Can-Do” attitude and are results orientated.
• You have experience in agile methodologies and managing/prioritizing backlogs of work.
• You can be a digital marketing subject matter expert and have a strategic influence on the product, business, and engineering organizations.
• Experience with digital marketing, analytics, and customer loyalty programs (B2B and B2C)
• Ability to think strategically about technology issues while managing intake requests from various enterprise stakeholders
• Experience in coordinating across multi-geography teams
• Solid understanding of the retail industry and customer expectations
• Prior experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud and/or Google Marketing Platform (Ads, Search 360, Campaign Manager, etc.)
• Experience with integration for social platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.)
• Understanding the end to end Marketing planning process along with supporting tools and technology solutions
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field
• 8+ years diversified information technology experience including 5+ years Software Engineering experience
• Solid understanding of Marketing and E-Commerce Technologies
• 4 years of experience in software engineering or related field
• 5 years working on a project(s) involving the implementation of software development life cycles (SDLC)
• 3 years of experience leading project or technical teams with or without formal direct report responsibility; this includes experience providing technical direction, thought leadership, coaching, and mentoring to team members
• Experience working with product teams in an Agile environment
• Must be able to lead and mentor and develop new team members
• Must have experience in a collaborative, multi-disciplined, global team environment
• Must have strong technical, analytical, interpersonal communication and writing skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong presentation skills
• Master’s Degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field
• 3 years of leadership experience with direct report responsibility
• Experience managing operational and/or project financial budgets
• IT consulting experience
• Experience in IT Management in the retail industry
• In most cases, Lowe’s will not be able to provide sponsorship for roles located in the Tech Hub