Director of Total Rewards and People Operations
Wyndham Capital Mortgage (WCM), founded in 2001, is a Fintech Mortgage Lender headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina. Our cultural belief is to empower our team members to enrich their lives and careers while working with modern technology, robotics, and automation to eliminate repetitive work and leverage our employee’s human potential and highest-value work. At Wyndham Capital, we intend to facilitate a greater sense of purpose in our jobs and lives. Your involvement will translate directly to continuous improvement in our systems, processes, and customer experience. We believe your experience at WCM will catapult your career growth and nurture your life’s journey.
Wyndham Capital Mortgage is looking for a Director, Total Rewards & People Operations to develop and execute the infrastructure and initiatives that will attract and retain the best talent, enhance our collaborative and agile culture and enable our rapidly growing business to scale. In this unique role, you will be responsible for end-to-end design, delivery, and administration of our total rewards programs, benefits programs, compliance, reporting and HR systems.
This position requires a mix of strategic planning, customer focused design, and hands-on operational excellence, as well as an excellent working knowledge of employment laws and regulations. Candidates must have demonstrated project management experience, and the ability to manage multiple priorities under tight deadlines.
Essential to success is the ability to manage competing demands and execute flawlessly. It is crucial that you are highly experienced at implementing and managing controls, compliance, processes and systems.
• Lead our Human Capital operations programs, including policies, end-to-end HC processes, systems, and communications to achieve efficiency, productivity, improved governance, and controls.
• Ensure our operational processes balance flexibility and scalability, ensuring diverse users have the data, tools, and processes to lead Wyndham’s next chapter of growth.
• Evaluate compensation and benefits programs and make cost effective recommendations that will further Wyndham’s business strategy, competitive advantage for talent, enable scale and improve our people experience.
• Manage compensation and benefits programs, and implement company-wide improvements. Ensure programs operate a high standard of consistency, accuracy, and are compliant with company policies and federal, state and local laws and regulations.
• Lead the semi-annual pay review cycle, competitive market analysis and off cycle compensation changes, ensuring executive buy-in.
• Assist the SVP of Human Capital on the administration of executive compensation programs
• Lead open enrollment, answer benefit plan questions and facilitate resolution of escalated claims investigations and disputes to ensure a positive employee experience.
• Manage vendor contracts and leverage vendor relationships to design and deliver competitive and cost-effective benefit and compensation plans.
• Build and manage analytics, ensure timely and accurate reports and provide insight to key stakeholders to inform decision making.
• Provide expertise and guidance to key stakeholders and partners across the company.
• Prepare and deliver communications to all levels, including reporting to drive awareness, effectively evaluate programs and identify trends that impact the business.
• Manage HR systems within the compensation, benefits, and employee experience space to ensure employee data is accurately maintained, and partner across the company with key stakeholders.
• Stay on top of trends in best practices and constantly evolve people operations practices by analyzing trends and utilizing data to make recommendations, effectively drive decision making and influence change that enable the company to rapidly scale.
• Will manage a team, providing direction and coaching for career success.
• Strong knowledge in compensation and benefits including competitive rewards practices and delivery models.
• Demonstrated success managing complex projects on time and with excellent quality in a dynamic, high-growth or startup environment.
• Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills, with a proven ability to rigorously measure and analyze the right things to meet business objectives.
• Passion for detail with demonstrated ownership of quality, constantly seeking to identify and eliminate root cause of errors and inefficiencies.
• Transparent communication style, with the ability to simply and clearly communicate complex concepts; partnered with a high degree of integrity and ability to exercise discretion.
• Strong interpersonal skills with a customer first mindset, and the ability to build credibility with, and effectively influence, across multiple stakeholders, including executives.
• Possess an experimental mindset and thrive in an environment where you can create, build, and iterate.
• In-depth knowledge of applicable employment laws, policies, techniques; Experience with Workday, OSV and advanced MS Excel skills, and with implementing and enhancing software solutions
• 6 + years’ experience in compensation and benefits programs and services; people management experience preferred
• Impeccable discretion when handling sensitive and confidential information
• Strong bias for action and not afraid to “roll up your sleeves”
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related area, or equivalent knowledge
• Strives to provide +1 Service to ensure success, to both internal teams and external clients
• Has the upmost integrity, period
• Is naturally curious – you enjoy seeking out and applying new things in your job
• Knows how to make smart, informed decisions
• Has passion for your job and positive energy that is infectious
• Cares about your work and performance, and you want to provide impact across the organization
• At times, can be innovative and not afraid to bring big thinking and ideas to the table
• Is able to deliver influential communication to others
• You take your work seriously, but not yourself. You like to have fun at work
• Group health coverage (medical, dental, & vision)
• Paid Time Off
• Employee Assistance Programs
• Pre-tax health spending account (HSA)
• 401(k) plan (with company match)
• Company provided life insurance
• Pet Insurance
• 8 hours of Volunteer Time Off
• Employee discounts (fitness, phone)
• Wellness events