Service Desk Technician
The Service Desk Technician(s) serve as primary technology related support for CEENTA’s user population. With a good grasp of PC hardware, desktop operating system and major office productivity applications, they will communicate with users and peers to assist in solving problems via Phone, remotely and in person.
Our mission is to be the premier eye, ear, nose, and throat group providing comprehensive, quality, and ethical healthcare to all in the Carolinas; to provide a favorable environment for the delivery of healthcare; and to provide for the well-being of the physicians and the employees of Charlotte Eye Ear Nose & Throat Associates, P.A. The Service Desk position is an impactful roll within the CEENTA community and has a direct impact on the quality of patient care given. CEENTA and its patients rely heavily on our computer systems performing at an optimum level.
Service Desk Technician reports to the Service Desk Manager as well as with oversight from CEENTA executive leadership as needed.
This is an exempt position with hours Mondays-Friday and weekends as required. The hours may change at a moment’s notice according to business needs.
• Basic Epic EMR application troubleshooting
• PC hardware troubleshooting to the component level
• PC Moves\Adds and changes
• PC imaging, configuration and installation
• Printer Maintenance, troubleshooting and additions
• PC Virus removal
• Spyware\Malware removal
• Create and provide documentation to resolve issues
• Remote, On-site and phone troubleshooting
• Travel to remote sites as required
• The ability to work on-site
• Predictable, reliable and prompt attendance
• This is an entry-level position in which a High School diploma is required and 1yr of computer support experience in an enterprise IT environment.
• A good understanding of PC hardware
• A general Windows 7, Windows 10 desktop OS knowledge
• User level Microsoft Office 2016 and O365 experience
• Printer Management and repair experience
• Basic Domain and TCP/IP knowledge and troubleshooting ability
• Reliability and Dependability: Dependability and trustworthiness. Maintains acceptable attendance and punctuality as outlined in the CEENTA employee handbook.
• Customer Service: Demonstrate exemplary customer service to ensure a positive customer experience.
• Information Collection & Management – Able be able to collect, organize, and monitor patient information and clinical data accurately and efficiently. This data includes Protected Health Information (PHI), which must be handled in compliance with the Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act (HIPAA).
• Adaptability: Openness to different and new ways of doing things; willingness to modify one’s preferred way of doing things and demonstrates openness to new organizational structures, procedures, and technology.
• Organizational Skills: Plans and organizes tasks and work responsibilities to achieve objectives. Sets priorities. Schedules and completes tasks in an appropriate time span.
• Technical Knowledge: A good grasp of networking concepts and technologies and security fundamentals and developing new solutions with existing technology while acting as a technical resource in a specific area/program/application.
• Problem Solving Skills: Utilize active listening skills to identify user’s concerns, decipher what the issue is, and determine action steps to resolve the issue. The ability to identify the cause and effects of issues in the workplace by analyzing existing information to come up with appropriate solutions. This position requires proper escalation of issues to the service desk lead and or the service desk technician II as required.
• Written Communication: Ability to document progressive steps within CEENTA’s Ticketing system to resolve issues and convey what necessary information succinctly and effectively by using concise, clear, appropriate language.
Service Desk Technician functions in a busy eye, ear, nose and throat practice. This role may be exposed to contagious or infectious diseases, and therefore, may be required to wear personal protective equipment at times. This position routinely uses standard medical office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical and Mental Demands
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee may be required to lift and move up to 40 pounds at occasional intervals. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms to assist patients and/or clinic staff. This position requires sitting for as many as 8 hours at a computer screen.
Must have the ability to problem solve, ability to work under pressure, ability to make quick decisions, ability to thrive in fast-paced environment, ability to use discretion and sensitivity, ability to interpret data, ability to work alone for long stretches of time.
Travel between offices at a moment’s notice to provide end user support is required. Access to safe and reliable personal transportation is a must for this job role.
CompTia A+ certification is required within 1yrs of accepting this position
A Typical Day in the Position
A typical day in as a service desk technician encompasses resolving IT issues via phone, remotely and or on-site in person. The service desk technician can travel over 100 miles in a day visiting and servicing our customers. Daily contact with our patient base to support the patient portal connectivity. Interaction with peers and management will happen daily.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. In addition to those essential job functions identified above in Section II, individuals in this position are also responsible for performing other duties or tasks that may be assigned. CEENTA retains the discretion to add to or change the essential job functions of this position at any time without notice.