Analyze financial information, prepare accurate and timely financial reports and statements and ensure appropriate accounting control procedures by performing duties within the scope of the policy and procedures defined by Charlotte Eye Ear Nose and Throat Associates.
• Enter and maintain budget in budgeting program.
• Facilitate the preparation of financial statements and supporting schedules.
• Facilitate and complete monthly, quarterly and annual financial close procedures.
• Perform general ledger account reconciliations, reviewing balances for accuracy.
• Prepare reconciliations and analysis as needed.
• Inspect and interact with various departments of the company and outside accounting agencies hired by the company to ensure that all the financial matters on a departmental level are going on as per regulations and planning because the coordination compliments each other.
• Handle special assignments and responsibilities as requested by Accounting Manager or CFO including, but not limited to, ad hoc financial analysis.
• Extensive knowledge in various aspects of accounting including general ledger maintenance, financial statement preparation and month-end closing.
• Exceptional analytical and observation skills and abilities to analyze things properly including ability to document workflow.
• Strong communication and documentation skills and ability to interact with various people.
• Proven successful work history providing support for accounting department.
• Must be highly skilled in use of MS Office products, particularly Excel, as well as accounting software. Experience with Great Plains is preferred but not required.
Education and/or experience
• A Bachelors degree in Accounting or related field required.
• 5+ years accounting/finance experience preferred.
Skills and abilities
• Customer Service and organizational skills, data entry, written and verbal communication skills, maintain positive team-oriented attitude with an attention to details.
Language/reasoning /mathematical skills
• Ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk and/or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. This position functions in a busy medical clinic and will likely come into contact with patients and physicians on a regular basis.
Change in expectations may occur with little to no notice and will be reviewed periodically.