Assistant Communications Director
The Assistant Director works with the Director of Communications to define and develop the creative look, feel, and voice for Myers Park Presbyterian Church. They will actively engage ministry areas to define needs and use creativity in both writing and design to execute those needs across digital and print communication channels.
• Content development, design, and production for ministry programs and events
• Oversight and execution of creative projects through launch
• Marketing development and execution for ministry programs and events
• Writing, photography, and design contributions for biannual church magazine
• Manage creation and selection of photography for print and electronic communications
• Maintain brand consistency in tone and style
• Develop and monitor procedures to ensure that all printed and digital materials remain on-brand
• Submit regular reports on communication activities, engagement levels, and progress
• Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Graphic Design, Journalism, or related field of study with four (4) years of related work experience providing support in the development, design, and production of various communications components.
• Equivalent combination of education and experience; demonstrated competence with graphic design, layout, writing, and planning production and deadlines; experience utilizing a broad set of communication tools including web, social media, email, and print; photography experience preferred.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
• Ability to generate and implement new, creative ideas in alignment with MPPC’s mission
• Ability to organize and initiate work with a minimum of supervision
• Proficient with Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, and Microsoft Office
• Experience with Mailchimp, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and emerging social networks
• Exceptional and professional verbal, written, and electronic communication skills
• Organized, efficient, reliable, and detail-oriented with strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team to assess needs and produce results
• Demonstrate accessibility and responsiveness to ministry and church leaders
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and adapt production timelines to changing conditions
• Ability to establish and maintain positive internal and external working relationships
• Ability to maintain confidentiality