Senior Software Engineer – Application Integration
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 18 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2019 sales of $72.1 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports its hometown Charlotte region and all communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
As a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company, Lowe’s is committed to creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts through nonprofit partnerships. Across every community we serve, Lowe’s associates donate their time and expertise through the Lowe’s Heroes volunteer program. For the latest news, visit Newsroom.Lowes.com or follow @LowesMedia on Twitter.
The primary purpose of this role is to translate business requirements and functional specifications into logical program designs and to deliver code modules, stable application systems, and software solutions. This includes developing, configuring, or modifying complex integrated business and/or enterprise application solutions within various computing environments. This role facilitates the implementation and maintenance of complex business and enterprise software solutions to ensure successful deployment of released applications.
• Translates complex cross-functional business requirements and functional specifications into logical program designs, code modules, stable application systems, and software solutions; partners with Product Team to understand business needs and functional specifications
• Collaborates with cross-functional teams to ensure specifications are converted into flexible, scalable, and maintainable solution designs; evaluates project deliverables to ensure they meet specifications and architectural standards
• Guides application and software development teams in the design and build of complex solutions and ensures that teams are in alignment with the architecture blueprint, standards, target state architecture, and strategies
• Coordinates, executes, and participates in component integration (CIT) scenarios, systems integration testing (SIT), and user acceptance testing (UAT) to identify application errors and to ensure quality software deployment
• Participates and coaches others in all software development end-to-end product lifecycle phases by applying and sharing an in-depth understanding of complex company and industry methodologies, policies, standards, and controls
• Has solid grasp of software design patterns and approaches; understands application level software architecture; makes technical trade-off decisions at application level
• Automates and simplifies team development, test, and operations processes; develops detailed architecture plans for large scale enterprise architecture projects and drives the plans to fruition
• Solves complex architecture/design and business problems; solutions are extensible; works to simplify, optimize, remove bottlenecks, etc.
• Provides mentoring and guidance to more junior level engineers; may provide feedback and direction on specific engineering tasks
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field (or equivalent work experience in a related field)
• 5 years of experience in software development or a related field
• 4 years of experience in database technologies
• 4 years of experience working on project(s) involving the implementation of solutions applying development life cycles (SDLC)
• 2 years of hands on development and support experience with Talend ESB, Apache Camel.
• 3 years of IT Experience with Integrations technologies either webMethods or Spring Integration framework.
• 1 year of experience in developing and deploying microservices as containers on-prem / on-cloud.
• 1 year experience with Java/ J2EE technologies.
• 1 year experience with open source integration technologies.
• 5 years of IT retail experience
• Master’s degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field
• 5 years of IT experience developing and implementing business systems within an organization
• 5 years of experience working with defect or incident tracking software
• 5 years of experience writing technical documentation in a software development environment
• 3 years of experience working with an IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework
• 3 years of experience leading teams, with or without direct reports
• 5 years of experience working with source code control systems
• Experience working with Continuous Integration/ Continuous Deployment tools
• 5 years of experience in systems analysis, including defining technical requirements and performing high level design for complex solutions