Senior Strategist, Digital Front Door – Corporate Communications, Marketing and Outreach
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope, and advance healing – for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit atriumhealth.org/about-us.
The digital front door senior strategist will be accountable for improving the consumer digital experience, making it simple and convenient to find and schedule care. Plans and strategically designs communications plans, initiatives, and programs system-wide that builds awareness of the organization’s brand among consumers and teammates with specific targeted emphasis on goals and priorities. Manages multiple projects, exhibits decision-making skills, and effectively sets priorities.
• Focuses on how Atrium Health can improve the end to end journey so consumers can easily and confidently find a provider or a non-traditional care options like urgent care, virtual visit, and e-visits, then easily schedule care
• Creates a governance for the provider directory including data standards, search logic, and usability standards
• Works with performance management team to create end-to-end reporting across key metrics
• Serves as a representative for the System and Corporate Communications, Marketing & Outreach team, helping coordinate and execute System-wide initiatives and providing excellent customer service in all interactions.
• Collaborates with the Director(s) and other department leadership, develops strategic annual plans and programs that effectively integrate with overall Corporate Communications, Marketing & Outreach strategies that are measurable in design and metric in execution.
• Understands enterprise strategic plan and aligns projects/programs/campaigns/activities accordingly; manages multiple projects independently, drafts recommendations, customizes processes/outputs to audience.
• Organizes and writes major project deliverables with accuracy and clarity; presents complex concepts and analytical results.
• Assists in the creation of solution development for potential risks; participates in development of new data sources in response to project/system needs; draws conclusions and makes recommendations based on industry/trends analysis; suggests adjustments to scope or focus of projects as/when necessary to maintain progress; proposes methods and drafts conclusions that challenge conventional thought.
• Encourages teamwork and conflict management skills; begins to be recognized as a strong resource throughout the System; seeks out opportunities to develop self and become a coach to others.
• Exhibits timely decision-making skills and effective priority setting.
• Communicates with department teammates and supervisor on a daily basis, helping with projects as needed.
• Interfaces with departments across the organization, with senior staff, and with other critical functions staff as needed and as appropriate on issues and matters related to the goals and priorities of the organization.
• Evaluates team members on routine basis, and reports successes and concerns (with solutions) back to department and leadership.
• Manages the day-to-day workloads, priorities, time management, and projects of team members, and assists with troubleshooting, crises, and conflicts in their areas. Begins to direct, motivate, and evaluate associates.
Budget management responsibilities
• Demonstrates a team player attitude and a positive approach to maintain collaboration across all work units within the department.
• Helps enforce and manage the organization’s brand identity and adheres to brand guidelines.
Acts as back up to Director(s) in various internal and external meetings and roles as needed.
Works primarily in office environment. Occasional evening and weekend work. Position requires walking around campus and/or other facilities. Must be able to drive and have access/use of a personal vehicle. Requires reading materials, speaking clearly on the telephone, and operating computer keyboard. Occasional lifting of documents or supplies.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as public relations, communications, journalism, or business required.
• Master’s Degree preferred.
• Minimum of 7 years experience required.
• Experience managing personnel directly or indirectly is preferred.
• Must be able to work quickly under tight deadlines and manage multiple projects at once.
• Excellent written and verbal skills required.
• Ability to set clear goals and execute projects from start to finish.
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities, and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.