Registered Nurse – Continuing Care
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope, and advance healing – for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit atriumhealth.org/about-us.
The Clinical Nurse, Resource Team, provides comprehensive nursing care through skillful assessment, diagnosis, outcomes identification, planning, implementation, and evaluation in accordance with facility or department policies procedures, and/or protocols under the supervision of the nursing leader. Assists in maintaining a safe work environment and performs all related job responsibilities in a safe manner. Maintains clinical and professional competency as appropriate to the population of patients served. Must be available to provide nursing services in all patient care areas of expertise and knowledge, at all elected CHS facilities.
• Collects data pertinent to the healthcare consumer’s health or the situation.
• Analyzes the assessment data to determine actual or potential diagnoses, problems, and issues.
• Identifies expected outcomes for a plan individualized to the healthcare consumer or the situation.
• Develops a plan that prescribes strategies to attain expected, measurable outcomes.
• Implements the identified plan, coordinates care delivery, and employs strategies to promote health and a safe environment.
• Delegates elements of care to appropriate healthcare workers in accordance with any applicable legal or policy parameters or principles.
• Evaluates progress toward attainment of goals and outcomes.
• Practices in a manner that is congruent with cultural diversity and inclusion principles.
• Communicates effectively in all areas of practice.
• Collaborates with healthcare consumer and other key stakeholders in the conduct of nursing practice.
• Demonstrates leadership in the professional practice setting and the profession.
• Seeks knowledge and competence that reflects current nursing practice and promotes futuristic thinking.
• Integrates evidence and research findings into practice.
• Contributes to quality nursing practice.
• Evaluates one’s own and other’s nursing practice in relation to professional practice standards and guidelines, relevant statutes, rules, and regulations.
• Utilizes appropriate resources to plan, provide, and sustain evidence-based nursing services that are safe, effective, and fiscally responsible.
• Practices in an environmentally safe and healthy manner.
• Promotes shared governance, or facility decision-making activities, developing and nurturing research to positively affect clinical outcomes and promotion.
Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, stooping, bending, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 35 pounds in handling patients, medical equipment, and supplies. Must speak English in good, understandable terms. Intact sense of sight, hearing, smell, and touch. Finger dexterity. Critical thinking and ability to concentrate. Must be able to respond quickly to changes inpatient and/or unit conditions. Physical Abilities Testing required.
• Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing. 1 year of nursing experience in specialty area required.
• Current BLS for Healthcare Provider status according to AHA.
• Current RN license or temporary license as a Registered Nurse Petitioner in the state in which you work and reside or; if declaring a National License Compact (NLC) state as your primary state of residency, meet the licensure requirements in your home state; or for Non-National License Compact states, current RN license or temporary license as a Registered Nurse Petitioner required in the state where the RN works. Advancement complies with the requirements of the Professional Nurse Clinical Advancement Program. Experience, approved certification, and nursing education as outlined in the Professional Nurse Clinical Advancement Program
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities, and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.