Social Media Director
Sonic Automotive is a Fortune 500 company that is transforming the way people shop for, buy, and service their vehicles. Our talented team work together to ensure we provide an experience unmatched by our competitors.
You’re serious about your career, and rest assured you’ve come to the right place. At Sonic Automotive, a Fortune 300 automotive retailer, you’ll find the opportunities, resources, and support you need to grow and develop professionally. Our 100+ dealerships are concerned with more than moving inventory; they’re committed to your success and invested in your future. So read on, and consider a rewarding career with Sonic Automotive, Inc.
The Social Media Director is responsible for developing organic and paid social media and online reputation management strategies to support the sales and service goals for the Sonic franchise dealership network of 85 plus dealerships. The Social Media Director has oversight responsibility of an external social media agency with a dedicated social media staff and the online reputation management agency who carries out the tactical execution of the store level strategies. This individual will work collaboratively to educate and lead our dealership associates toward embracing social media best practices and “playbook” deliverables.
• Understands, optimizes, and evangelizes our social “playbook” at the store level, working closely with our GMs and store employees on their deliverables for the store’s social media
• Creates, guides, delivers strategic social planning and programming (social content, strategy/communication plans, social marketing/experiences, programming plans, competition and category research, social consumer insights/trend audits)
•Is responsible for ensuring agency and supporting team delivers on agreed social KPIs and goals
• First point of contact for the GMs in answering questions about our social media approach and plans as they are executed at the store level.
• Ensure content/messaging across social platforms is on brand, optimized for best creative approach and that the brand voice and content addresses the ethos of each social platform
• Expertise in social paid strategy and execution; experience with paid tools and social paid media buying and optimization (e.g. Facebook PowerEditor; Facebook and Instagram Reach and Frequency)
• Knowledge of and experience with key social vendors
• Collaborates wither other internal digital teams (SEO, SEM, web, events, etc… ), contributes leadership to promote best-in-class in class thinking and delivery of plans
• Tracks delivery of social-content publishing schedule; collaborates with the local marketing team to ensure social is integrated with on-site dealership marketing activities
• Act as social point of contact for other digital teams in planning for retail/dealership social activations
• Is responsible for social reporting/analytics (social insights, data, listening, search data), partners with analytics team to ensure KPIs/goals are met.
• Creates operationalizes and manages campaigns and content plans
• Displays excellent project management, problem-solving, interpersonal skills presentation skills
• First point of contact with our GMs in answering questions about social media and the execution of our approach at respective stores
• Leads education on social media best practices with GMs and store employees
• Contributes to goal setting and conducts reviews of agency work, drives optimization plans
• Drives cross-channel communication and integration of approved social strategies with stakeholders
• BA/BS in Liberal Arts, Journalism, Communications, Marketing, Advertising, Public Relations; advanced degree preferred
• 5-7 years of work experience dedicated to social media and/or digital media focused on top-tier consumer brand marketing preferred; experience in social media supporting retail brand/environment a plus; experience with automotive a plus
• Knowledge of social paid media a must; preferred experience with PowerEditor, Google Analytics, and other website conversion tracking tools.
• Deep knowledge of functionality of social platforms a must (paid products, targeting capabilities, insights tools, etc.)
• Proficiency in concepting, delivering, and executing social content and campaigns
• Creativity and visual storytelling – skilled in capturing and developing/copywriting social media assets and content for publishing on behalf of stores while on-site in the field/stores
• Experience planning and executing social media programming that support key areas of brand outreach – ranging from influencer programs, to paid media programming, to social CRM and support of offline retail & sponsorship marketing activities
• Experience in project management of social programming – ensuring delivery of activations on time and within budget, managing the agency partners and other internal/store-level teams.
• Has successfully helped junior staff or agency partners address social strategic vision and goals for a brand
• Has demonstrated advanced knowledge of social platforms, specific rules of engagement for brand/advertisers, general platform policies; holds relevant social certifications such as Facebook Blueprint certification, HubSpot, Hootesuite, etc…
• Has exhibited thorough understanding of digital marketing practices (e.g. mobile, social platforms/APIs, third party listening, publishing, and vendor-specific toolsets)
• Has come to understand social-build processes and has familiarity with SEO, advanced knowledge of social CMS tools, social listening, social APIs, social vendors, mobile technologies
• Has demonstrated fluency with research/organic search techniques/methodologies and application supporting development execution/optimization of brand campaigns.
• Has functioned in a project management role, managing deliverables against social strategies.
• We boast the lowest turnover in the industry.
• We provide award-winning training (Training Magazine Top 125, and Brandon Hall Awards).
• We are committed to developing and promoting within the company.
• We are technology-based – most jobs use IPads or IPhones that we provide.
• Our benefits are extremely competitive with Medical, dental, vision, HSA, 401k, and PTO.
• We encourage peer to peer teamwork and recognition.
• Special benefits to purchasing and leasing a car.
• Personal Automotive Concierge Service.
• If you want to find out more about the types of jobs we have here, we’ve highlighted a few.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.