Business Manager, Customer Experience & Success
Do you want to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more? Do you want to work in an open and inclusive environment where diverse perspectives are celebrated? If you love talking to and learning from customers and are excited about working with brilliant technical minds, we want to talk to you.
In Customer Experience & Success, we are focused on how we can Empower, Help, and Advise Microsoft customers. We engage in solving complex problems for customers, we collaborate and knowledge share with each other, and we innovate on solutions to enable our customers to make the most of Microsoft products.
Our team is geographically distributed, we speak many languages and we come from a variety of cultural backgrounds. We are rapidly expanding, and we are looking for talented people with a passion for solving complex issues and an obsession for customer happiness.
• Business Management and Rhythm of the Business (ROB): Support cross-org business management (e.g., ROB/planning) and support the Chief of staff with strategic execution of the cross-organizational rhythms
• Operating Rhythm: support business management functions to ensure the effectiveness of the team’s operating rhythm, including support for monthly business reviews, All Hands, Staff meetings, etc. to help the business run smoothly and effectively. and SLT connection
• Operational Excellence: Provide support to the team on headcount, PO management and resource and fiscal planning.
• Action Management: Keep the LT on track for assigned action.
• Employee Engagement: Lead the people team initiative working with champions from across the larger teams to develop and support the framework to drive cultural initiatives / programs across the CX DD&O organization.
• Demonstrate discretion and professionalism when working with leadership team on business and organizational issues, manage ambiguity, and create workable solutions to challenging problems.
• Manage and drive special projects, as needed.
• 7+ years of progressive experience in a fast paced, operationally or project management focused role.
• The position requires an individual who understands how to get things done at Microsoft through influence by leveraging your extensive interpersonal and collaboration skills. You must have experience in planning, execution, building relationships and working with executives
• You should enjoy working under pressure and deadlines, with a strong ability to manage ambiguity and uncertainty, while driving clarity.
• Ability to work across organizational boundaries to build alignment and drive closure on issues and results, good project management skills.
• Competency in the areas of cross group collaboration, creative problem solving, process development and strategic development.
• Strong organizational skills, excellent execution, and follow through skills.
• Ability to adapt and change with the needs of the organization and business.
• High capacity for multitasking and complex/technical project management skills, able to manage multiple, high-stakes projects and deliverables simultaneously across workgroups and stakeholders
• Self-directed with great initiative, sense of ownership and commitment to high standards of quality
• Demonstrated ability to effectively engage, collaborate, and consult with stakeholders, including effective prioritization, clear communication, and delivery of actionable data-derived insights
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
• Customer Obsession – we exist for and because of the customer. We need people who share that passion and drive to make our customers experiences easy, insightful, and trusted.
• Growth Mindset – we value all perspectives and reward individuals that poke at the edges of what they know to be true. We are seeking people that think differently and are biased toward action to accomplish great things.
• Diverse & Inclusive – we enable people who bring a contemporary view to shape our internal teams and encourage all to feel included.
• One Microsoft – we collaborate and value the work of others, combining their learnings with our own to make a better outcome for our customers.
• Making a difference – we drive impact by looking for ways to continually improve our day-to-day responsibilities and the connections between our work and others.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.