Senior Content Marketing Strategist
At Citizens, you’ll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
The Senior Content Marketing Strategist is part of the Enterprise Content Strategy team and is focused leading B2B content marketing strategies.
On this team and in this role we are responsible for independently developing and communicating Commercial and Business Banking B2B content marketing strategies, as well as executing distinct and robust content marketing plans that will drive awareness, engagement, and retention.
The Strategist participates in regular marketing planning and delivers integrated multi-channel plans that include a mix of editorial, web-based, social media, marketing, video, podcast content, and more.
You will bring expertise in a broad range of digital content to help partner teams drive action through distinctive and relevant content experiences. Success will be measured against KPI’s throughout the marketing funnel.
To support this broad scope of responsibility, the Strategist works both independently and in cross-functional groups to ensure success.
• Leads Commercial and Business Banking content marketing strategy development and execution
• Develops and executes on quarterly content marketing strategy plans which include robust and diverse content formats aligned with distribution channels and target audiences that drive performance
• Prepares insight and data-driven multi-channel digital content solutions and recommendations with consideration for customer needs, desired business outcomes, cost, and resource availability
• Leads paid social media content marketing efforts for Commercial and Business Banking
• Communicates and influences at multiple levels across the organization, including interacting with executive leaders
• Partners with many internal and external partners to develop strategies and execute on-time and within budget
• Works independently managing relationships and partners, meetings, strategic planning, and project deliverables
• Partners with distribution channel partners to ensure successful execution of content plans
• Leads all budget commitment and billing functions related to content marketing plans
• Delivers regular performance reporting back to key partners and Enterprise Content Strategy team to assess outcomes and optimize future plans
• Plays a role in creating a measurement and insight-driven approach and culture
• Provides guidance and expertise on best practices and emerging trends
• Required Skills/Experience:
• 8 or more years of digital content experience in marketing or digital teams
• 4 or more years of social media marketing, with emphasis on engagement tactics and paid distribution (Social Media and website experience a must)
• 4 or more years of digital marketing/content marketing experience
• Experience with building and executing B2B content strategies (Commercial expertise a plus)
• Ability to see the big picture, with a strategic mindset and approach
• Content measurement and digital analytics platform experience
• Ability to work in fast-paced environment with competing priorities, successfully manage multiple large projects at once
• Vendor/agency management experience
• CMP (Content Marketing Platform) expertise a plus
• Education, Certifications and/or Other Professional Credentials:
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business Management or equivalent
It is the policy of Citizens to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, colleague or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, genetic characteristic, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, family status/parenthood, victim of domestic violence, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran