Cloud Data Engineer
At Barings, we are as invested in our associates as we are in our clients. We recognize those who work diligently for us and reward them for personal and professional integrity, communication skills, distinct competencies and expertise in specific strategies, ability to collaborate as a team member, and true dedication to the interests of our clients.
Barings has an opening on the Data Engineering team for a Cloud Data Engineer. At Barings, we are building a team of technical leaders passionate about emerging technologies and driving our business toward a data centric strategy. As a Cloud Data Engineer, you will be responsible for designing and building data pipelines in a collaborative environment. The right candidate will be experienced using Microsoft Azure tools. Joining the Data Engineering team positions you to contribute to an enterprise data transformation. As such, you must be a self-starter, love learning new concepts, and have the ability to innovate.
• The Data Engineering team develops and implements innovative data capabilities. In this role, you will be responsible for designing, building, and maintaining reliable data solutions for the enterprise. The ideal candidate will encourage new transformative thinking across the organization.
• Build large-scale batch and real-time data pipelines with data processing frameworks such as Spark, Azure Logic Apps, or Data Factory.
• Collaborate with a team to design and build solutions to ingest, transform, store, and export data in a cloud environment.
• Effectively communicate project expectations, issues, risks, and decisions to project team and business stakeholder in an agile environment.
• Work in cross-functional agile teams to continuously experiment, iterate and deliver on new product objectives.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Analytics, or closely related field.
• 3+ years as a Data Engineer, Data Scientist, or Data Analyst
• 2+ years familiarity working with Microsoft Azure and Azure Data Factory
• Expert knowledge and experience developing efficient ETL data pipelines having multiple sources
• Experienced in the use of standard ETL tools and techniques
• Familiar with modern data lake, data warehousing, and ETL/ELT concepts
• Knowledgeable about data modeling, data access, and data storage techniques.
• Ability to work in an Agile Scrum environment
• Experience with Microsoft SQL server databases
• Experience in writing and optimizing SQL queries in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets
• Preferred experience with supplementary scripting languages such as Python
• Preferred experience working with APIs
• Preferred experience working source control such as Git
Barings is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer; Minority/Female/Age/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply.