Mortgage Project Manager
Wyndham Capital Mortgage (WCM), founded in 2001, is a Fintech Mortgage Lender headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina. Our cultural belief is to empower our team members to enrich their lives and careers while working with modern technology, robotics, and automation to eliminate repetitive work and leverage our employee’s human potential and highest-value work. At Wyndham Capital, we intend to facilitate a greater sense of purpose in our jobs and lives. Your involvement will translate directly to continuous improvement in our systems, processes, and customer experience. We believe your experience at WCM will catapult your career growth and nurture your life’s journey.
Wyndham Capital Mortgage is looking for a Project Manager who can support development projects designed to increase sales, improve productivity and efficiency, improve scalability, reduce costs, and drive the company vision. This role is designed for an applicant with strong business acumen, preferably in the mortgage or financial services industry, and an understanding of the software delivery lifecycle. The ideal candidate is a hard-working individual who has a creative and analytical mindset.
• Develop a strong working knowledge of Wyndham’s OKR’s, strategies, and business processes across the organization
• Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
• Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
• Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
• Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
• Perform risk management to minimize project risks
• Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals
• Perform quality assurance activities on technology initiatives
• Develop spreadsheets, diagrams, and process maps to document needs
• Proactively identify and implement process improvement opportunities: analyze processes, recommend improvements, research potential technology solutions and coordinate the submission of project proposals
• Develop and maintain strategic partnerships with senior business executives, business partners, project sponsors, as well as communicating effectively with business and development teams, end users, and product owners.
• 1 – 5 years of Project Management experience preferred OR Mortgage Operations experience with the desire to transition into a Project Manager position.
• 1+ years as a Project Manager or Operations in the Mortgage Industry
• Knowledge in generating process documentation, developing business requirements and testing
• Experience with process improvement projects
• Experience with MS Project, MS Visio, PowerPoint and Excel
• Experience managing projects in a software such as JIRA
• Demonstrated ability to engage and manage multiple project initiatives simultaneously.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively present statuses, challenges, and recommended solutions.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Bachelor’s Degree in a business, computer science or related field or equivalent experience
• Experience with different methodologies including Kanban, Scrum, and Waterfall
• Strives to provide +1 Service to ensure success, to both internal teams and external clients
• Has the upmost integrity, period
• Is naturally curious – you enjoy seeking out and applying new things in your job
• Knows how to make smart, informed decisions
• Has passion for your job and positive energy that is infectious
• Cares about your work and performance, and you want to provide impact across the organization
• At times, can be innovative and not afraid to bring big thinking and ideas to the table
• Is able to deliver influential communication to others
• You take your work seriously, but not yourself. You like to have fun at work
• Group health coverage (medical, dental, & vision)
• Paid Time Off
• Employee Assistance Programs
• Pre-tax health spending account (HSA)
• 401(k) plan (with company match)
• Company provided life insurance
• Pet Insurance
• 8 hours of Volunteer Time Off
• Employee discounts (fitness, phone)
• Wellness events