Reporting to the Human Resources Director, the Payroll/Benefits/HRIS Analyst is primarily responsible for the accurate and timely processing of all US payroll and managing all functions associated with the administration of the company’s US employee benefit programs. This individual will have a high level of responsibility as it relates to applying proper taxes and benefit deductions to employees throughout the U.S. including taxes health insurance, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending account plans, and retirement plans. The position ensures compliance with and reporting requirements as mandated by state and federal laws for both benefit plans and payroll.
• Process payroll transactions in Ceridian Dayforce for multiple states, locations, and payroll cycles for 600+ employees in a timely and accurate fashion.
• Ensure the efficiency of payroll cycles by maintaining and troubleshooting payroll software issues, monitoring effectiveness and quality of service, providing information, updates, and guidance to staff members as needed, and ensuring pay cycles are posted to appropriate team members, financial institutions, and departments.
• Ensure payroll compliance by reconciling year end W-2’s in software, making necessary corrections using year end off cycles, running pre-views and finalization to print W-2’s for all companies. Run various report audits, researching and correcting errors, comparing data to transmittals that are sent to reporting agencies, ensuring necessary deductions are electronically transmitted to appropriate agencies.
• Process payroll changes including LOA Status Changes, and employee deduction changes such as garnishments, taxes, and benefits are made, working closely with local HR teams to ensure LOAs and time off, other special circumstances, and new hires or terminations are recorded and paid correctly.
• Serve as the liaison to third party payroll and benefit vendors.
• Interpret pay policies, (e.g., holiday worked, on call, overtime, shift differential, calculation basis for deductions, government regulations, etc.) and ensure appropriate amounts are calculated and that payroll processing accurately reflects company specific pay policies and individual deductions.
• Identify teams or managers out of compliance with company pay policies or other laws or regulations and work with those teams, management, and HR to train them and resolve the issues.
• Coordinate year-end audits for 401K, Flexible Spending, workers compensation, and other payroll related audits by running all report audits, balancing these to the year-end payroll registers, making any necessary corrections, and transmitting reports to third party vendors.
• Assist departments by setting up appropriate payroll deductions, reports, and troubleshooting payroll software issues following established procedures and in collaboration with the head HR team.
• Manage employee benefits enrollment and insurance premium payment processing. Manage benefit eligibility and payments for those employees on leave of absence.
• Coordinate and correspond with various internal and external customers, such as external agencies and benefit plan administrators (external); directors, departments and staff (internal).
• Maintain in-depth knowledge and expertise in employee benefits. Researches and evaluates complex payroll and employee benefit issues; develops effective solutions and options; responds to benefits issues, and answers more complex benefits queries.
• Manage the configuration and data set-up tables of the company HR/Payroll system, benefits section, in relation to annual enrollment, new hire enrollment or life change events and how employee benefits transactions are edited and processed throughout the system.
• Analyze the flow of employee benefits data and develops internal procedures, guidance, and training for staff to facilitate the timely and accurate update of employee information and benefits records.
• Ensure compliance with Federal and State laws, including, but not limited to Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA), Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA), Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), and local leave laws.
• Actively participate in the design and testing of Dayforce or other system set up, automating processes and reporting tools. Coordinate system testing to ensure proper functioning of systems.
• Manage 401k plan including employee contribution elections and 401(k) loan payments, monitoring enrollment changes, and entering new hires or employee termination events into the 401k system in conjunction with plan rules.
• Performs related duties as assigned within the HR function.
Liaison HR Generalist
• Train HR users and Spinrite managers
• Daily communication and interaction with payroll team to ensure data transfer between HR and payroll systems is accurate and payroll deadlines are met for payroll processing.
• Conduct Quality Assurance checks of all HR documentation and systems ensuring quality standards are met
• Participates in the development of HR technology driven process improvements by evaluating current HR processes and data practices.
• Detects and resolves data integrity concerns and implements proper internal auditing controls to minimize risk.
• Assist HR Business Partners with the implementation of employee focused Company programs such as Performance Review Process, Attendance Management Program, etc.
• Prior experience participating in process improvement activities with HR Team (process mapping, gap analysis etc.)
Ability to troubleshoot HRIS systems issues and review and implement reporting requirement updates
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent certifications in HR or finance related field. Will consider a combination of education and experience
• 5+ years of multi-state Payroll experience in a mid to large size company. 5+ years of experience in the management of employee benefits programs including defined contribution plans.
• Experience with implementing employee benefit programs and human resources information systems.
• Dayforce/Ceridian software experience preferred
• Advanced knowledge and understanding of Federal and State payroll tax laws and 401k processing.
• Must be technically strong, resourceful, and be able to maintain high level of confidentiality along with excellent customer service skills
• Highly detail oriented, organized and an ability to meet assigned deadlines.
• Ability to troubleshoot complex payroll and benefits issues so root causes are identified and fixed correctly.
• Advanced knowledge of spreadsheet and database applications especially MS Excel skills
• Working knowledge of relational database design principles and standard system practices regarding use of production and test environments preferred.
• Experience with Federal and State employee benefit laws involving employee benefits (Such as COBRA, HIPAA, FMLA).
• Ability to maintain separation of duties and hold others accountable for their deadlines as related to payroll.
• Ability to perform moderately complex mathematical calculations
• Excellent record-keeping skills
• Working knowledge of human resources management principles and practices in all human resources programs preferred.
• Self-directed, works with minimal supervision.
• Positive interaction with a diverse population of staff of diverse backgrounds, learning styles and socio economic and ethnic
• Position must be located in Charlotte, NC and the candidates must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship.
Spinrite is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Critical features of this job are included in the job description. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. The above statements are strictly intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as a complete list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees in this position.