User Experience Designer
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 18 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2019 sales of $72.1 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports its hometown Charlotte region and all communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
As a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company, Lowe’s is committed to creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts through nonprofit partnerships. Across every community we serve, Lowe’s associates donate their time and expertise through the Lowe’s Heroes volunteer program. For the latest news, visit Newsroom.Lowes.com or follow @LowesMedia on Twitter.
The UX Designer is accountable to support the tactical direction and holistic design work output and deliverables associated with assigned projects. The UX Designer is typically responsible for supporting multiple aspects projects within a singular track of work within a platform / suite of products.
The UX Designer is an advocate for usability and interface design and is responsible for the delivery and output of quality and timely design deliverables including wireframes, prototypes, and presentations, user interface elements. The UX Designer is ultimately responsible for managing the visual and interactive creative assets, as well as their final solution –and setting the building blocks within the Lowe’s Digital design system. The UX Designer should have general knowledge of external processes and technologies, both standard and unique to Lowe’s including the work processes, technologies, platforms, and services of our business and IT capabilities.
The UX Designer will work with a team of other Architects, Designers, Prototypers, and Content Developers to deliver projects in a timely and efficient manner, consistent with the process and standards set in place both internally and externally across the business. The UX Designer may serve as a “project lead” within small to medium scale projects and will be responsible for the direction and approval of other design work within that project.
• Builds and delivers consistent high-quality design artifacts including wireframes, concept sketches, pixel-perfect design comps, presentations, and documentation.
• Participates in peer reviews and critiques to influence the director of the design deliverables and direction of various projects.
• Works cross-functionally with other designers to ensure quality and consistency of work.
• Works on self-development to ensure relevance in an evolving digital landscape.
• Stays on top of digital trends, emerging technologies, and new tools to continually improve the teams’ position as experts in usability.
• Advocates for usability and interface design.
• Works with a team of Architects, Designers, Prototypers, and Content Developers to deliver projects in a timely and efficient manner.
• Supports the tactical direction and holistic design work output and deliverables associate with assigned projects.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Design, Computer Science, or related field
• 2-4 years freelance / industry experience
• 3-7 years industry experience in User Experience or Design
• Experience with Adobe Creative Design Suite including Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, as well as additional design tools such as Sketch