Online Merchandising Lead Brand Analyst
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 18 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2019 sales of $72.1 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports its hometown Charlotte region and all communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
As a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company, Lowe’s is committed to creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts through nonprofit partnerships. Across every community we serve, Lowe’s associates donate their time and expertise through the Lowe’s Heroes volunteer program. For the latest news, visit Newsroom.Lowes.com or follow @LowesMedia on Twitter.
The Lead Brand Advocate will work with strategic suppliers and Online Merchants to optimize brand focused, online customer experiences on Lowes.com. The Lead Brand Advocate will build strong business relationships with suppliers to analyze and improve online sales, traffic and conversion through identifying and improving online content, browse behavior, promotions, fulfillment, assortment mix, inventory and returns. The Lead Brand Advocate will ensure that existing, new and promotional items are optimized and offer support when suppliers need help with online/system troubleshooting.
The Lead Brand Advocate will also be responsible for understanding customer behavior, building strategic plans and leading presentations with supplier and merchandising partners to gain alignment on planned initiatives. S/he will support Omni-Channel retail strategies and partner with cross-functional leadership to identify process improvement opportunities that will optimize effectiveness leading to brand renewal and growth.
• Analyze key performance indicators to identify opportunities to improve the online experience, streamline fulfillment, maximize assortment and drive conversion.
• Leverage inputs from CSAT, reviews and Q&A to continuously improve the overall customer experience for assigned brand(s).
• Act as the subject matter expert for the supported brand(s) assortment and strategy.
• Primary point of contact for issues pertaining to online SKU presentation and brand performance.
• Build and lead presentations with suppliers and merchants to drive strategic plans and analyze execution. Consistently report and communicate to Senior leaders both internally and with the supported vendor.
• Provide accurate reporting and insights across the digital channel related to content, product information, assortment and competitive gaps/opportunities.
• Effectively improve conversion and basket by leveraging data to optimize cross-sell, up-sell and bundling strategies.
• Analyze competitive data to provide SKU and pricing optimization recommendations.
• Utilize knowledge of the shopping funnel and site technologies to optimize the search and browse experience for assigned brand(s).
• Work closely with content management to both optimize premium content for assigned brand(s) as well as prioritize execution to maximize returns.
• Create project plans and align with merchandising and supplier to drive execution.
• Analyze sales and distribution of direct to consumer products to provide insights and recommendations for core and regional merchants.
• Act as a subject matter expert for new team members, driving onboarding and training content.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, marketing, finance, statistics, or related field
• 4+ years’ experience in Online/Retail Merchandising, Digital Marketing or Vendor Management
• Experience in optimizing flexible fulfillment models with a multi-channel retailer
• Experience analyzing assortments to determine gaps and optimize mix
• Ability to analyze and report event and program ROI
• Technical aptitude and agility to learn database systems and web-based platforms (i.e., JMP/SAS, BrightEdge, Google AdWords)
• Experience in vendor management systems, digital marketing, ecommerce, and merchandising
• Proven experience with major consumer brands and how to support/ differentiate them in the digital space
• Well-developed and professional presentation and communication skills
• Experience communicating with Senior and Executive levels of leadership
• Ability to maintain composure and productivity in a dynamic environment
• Ability to approach problems systematically, researching all alternatives and making appropriate recommendations
• Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results: self-starter and self-directed
• Master’s Degree
• Experience with SQL and Adobe products