Digital Communications Manager
Responsible for developing, maintaining and/or implementing programs, projects and activities, that fully showcase York County’s brand through increased audience/market attention and conversion. Works to grow the Visit York County digital presence including engaging and retaining followers through social media, website, mobile app and converting them into potential visitors. Ensures the CVB brand and message is visually consistent and clearly communicated to the travel industry, partners, media, and the community.
• Manage content on the app to include push notifications, blogs and creating ads to promote app downloads
• Write/update blogs monthly for website
• Update events calendar
• Update CRM listings for restaurants and attractions
• Work with VP of Marketing and Communications to create Weekly Newsletter YoCo Buzz
• Update multiple Visit York County-run websites with relevant content/basic CMS knowledge
• Assist in planning and marketing of Visit York County experiences
• Work with DMF properties on ads, push alerts and other added-value initiatives
• Coordinate the design of the destination guide annually
• Plans digital marketing campaigns, including web, SEO/SEM, email, social media and display advertising.
• Measure and reports on the performance of all digital marketing campaigns, and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs).
• Initiate, plan, and implement pitches and media interviews
• Builds relationships with media including local, regional and national publications, journalists, editors, travel writers, etc.
• Collaborate with influencers and industry experts to produce relevant content.
• Assist with the creation of monthly social content calendar
• Manage the organization’s social media profiles, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube and potentially additional channels.
• Run social campaigns and advertisements and measure their success
• Manage and facilitate social media ads
• Shoot/edit content
• Assists in the preparation of Visit York County’s strategic plan and annual report.
• Participates in appropriate professional associations; attends job related developmental workshops when available, and continues to stay abreast of industry technology.
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong communications skills
• Strong leadership skills
• Recognizes the importance of customer service
• Initiative to handle routine problems
• Technical Skills: Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
• Proficient knowledge of Canva, Publisher and Photoshop and other design software as needed to perform duties and responsibilities
• Ability to shoot photos and video
• Requirements: College degree preferred
• Excellent oral and written skills including a command of grammar, usage and vocabulary
• Strong attention to detail and proofreading
• Familiarity with local and regional area
• Must have his/her own transportation and hold a valid driver’s license
• Travel, weekends and evening assignments
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 35 lbs.