We’re looking for an experienced Account Supervisor to be responsible for retaining and growing the agency’s Key Accounts. This person will serve as the main point of contact for the client, ensuring strong relationships are formed with relevant stakeholders and that trust is gained by successfully delivering on the client’s goals. In order to do this, they will work closely with the Service Line Directors and Delivery Department to ensure the most effective strategy is incorporated throughout all agency deliverables. By keeping an in-depth knowledge of the client’s business and goals, this role will be responsible for creating a strategic internal vision for each Key Account to direct its growth path while maintaining a healthy sales pipeline and continuously identifying new opportunities for growth. Candidates should have 8+ years of industry experience and be authorized to work in the U.S. at this time.
• Manage 2-5 of the Agency’s Key Accounts while maintaining a real-time understanding of account health and status of all client engagements.
• Lead cross-service line meetings (internal and client-facing), facilitating scheduling, developing the agenda, and providing action items and follow-ups as appropriate.
• Oversee the day-to-day relationship for key clients within the agency, serving as the primary point of contact for cross-channel teams.
• Facilitate team collaboration to develop digital marketing approaches and ensure they ladder up to client objectives.
• Lead key client presentations, coordinating the development of content with delivery teams.
• Direct new business hand-offs when additional opportunities are realized for Key Accounts.
• Identify key decision-makers and stakeholders, establishing strong relationships with them through regular facetime and active communication.
• Develop personal relationships with key points of contact and relevant stakeholders, understanding their goals and playing a role in helping achieve them.
• Create opportunities to meet with clients outside of project-specific meetings, whether that be coffee or lunches, networking events, industry events, concerts, sporting events, etc.
• Develop a keen understanding of the clients’ big picture marketing goals and business objectives in an effort to align the agency’s delivery teams to the same objectives.
• Become an expert on the client’s business – what is their brand story, what are their key messages and differentiators, who is their target audience, what are their challenges, who are their competitors, and what does success look like for them?
• Keep a pulse on the client’s progress against established KPIs and goals, identifying learnings that can be applied across channels to optimize results.
• Hold a working knowledge of the digital marketing landscape to facilitate identification of most effective services.
• Influence short-term and long-term milestones for clients’ growth and performance goals.
• Serve as the voice of the client within the agency, speaking to client needs, brand strategy, and goals to inform activation plans; review and provide feedback on all key deliverables through this lens.
• Provide strategic recommendation of how to allocate client budget toward relevant services in accordance with business goals (e.g. What percentage of budget is earmarked for media spend vs. website enhancements).
Account Planning & Growth
• Establish a 1-year vision for each Key Account and evolve as needed.
• Get buy-in and support from delivery teams on account vision.
• Determine if sharing account vision with the client is valuable.
• Develop account growth sales strategy that ladders up to the account vision, nurturing, and evolving it as appropriate.
• Build and maintain a healthy sales pipeline by identifying opportunities to expand services or introduce new services in a manner that furthers clients’ brand goals.
• Track sales pipeline using HubSpot CRM.
• Partner with Service Line Directors to create proposals for new opportunities from Key Accounts.
• Lead the sales process for Key Accounts including opportunity identification, discovery meetings, proposal presentations, contract execution and client communication.
• Forecast growth goals and establish key milestones for hitting these milestones.
• Facilitate and leverage ongoing strategic meetings with clients (e.g. QBRs) as a forum to present and discuss new strategies and solutions for growth.