Senior IT Agile Coach (Release Train Engineer)
You could be the one who changes everything for our 24 million members. Centene is transforming the health of our communities, one person at a time. As a diversified, multi-national Fortune 50 and rapidly growing organization, our mission is fueled by exceptional talent. To support our rapid growth, we are building our East Coast headquarters and innovation hub here in Charlotte.
We are revolutionizing the world of healthcare through digital transformation and building a world-class software engineering practice. Our high caliber team delivers leading-edge technology and drives innovation to solve complex business challenges. Using collective innovation we are turning visions into action and challenging what is possible to support the healthcare of 1 in 15 individuals.
We are transforming technology and creating a digital evolution that will empower Centene to better serve our members. Senior Scrum Masters support the team of scrum masters in their execution of responsibilities and iterative delivery of software solutions that deliver business value. Your mission would be to partner with the product owner to support product backlog definition/refinement/prioritization to feed sprints.
• Drive enterprise-wide Agile adoption strategy across programs and portfolios.
• Provide training, workshops, and materials to increase quality, velocity, and efficiency of software engineering across Centene.
• Proactively eliminate barriers, coach team members on best practices, and facilitate scrum ceremonies.
• Lead software development programs and portfolios with project initiation, organization, goal, and change management aspects of Agile.
• Discover opportunities to champion agile values and adoption across IT
• Develop agile training materials and process guidelines
• Deliver Agile training sessions, workshops, and one-on-one coaching for Business and IT participants at the team, program, and portfolio levels
• Establish and communicate the annual calendars for Iterations and Program Increments (PIs)
• Facilitate PI Planning readiness by fostering a Continuous Exploration process which drives the synthesis of a Vision, a Roadmap, and Backlogs, and through Pre- and Post-PI Planning meetings
• Facilitate PI planning events
• Mentor team-level agile coaches and support scrum masters in communications and process activities to ensure projects are on track
• Facilitate cross-functional team coordination and communication across various technical teams
• Identify, define and implement enhancements in release and dependency management methods, standards, and processes
• Partner with IT/Operations leadership to ensure alignment with Agile methodology
• Encourage collaboration between teams and System Architects/Engineering
• Work with Product Management, Product Owners, and other stakeholders to help ensure strategy and execution alignment
• Improve the flow of value through value streams by improving and assessing the DevSecOps and Release on Demand competency
• Assess programs and portfolios teams against scaled Agile best practices and provide recommendations to senior Information Technology leadership
You are a highly collaborative, strategic risk-taker driven to make a difference and change the face of healthcare. You thrive in a supportive, result-oriented community and are committed to the relentless pursuit of continuous growth. You are highly agile, excel in fast-paced environments, and willing to push outside your comfort zone. You are ready to find your purpose at work.
• Experience in any of the following roles is preferred: Scrum Master, Team Lead, Project Lead, Business Analyst, Senior Business Analyst, Developer, Senior Developer, Software Engineer, and Senior Software Engineer.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, related field, or equivalent experience.
• 7+ years of combined software engineering and Agile coaching experience.
• SAFe experience highly preferred
• Experience in the healthcare industry highly preferred
• AWS experience preferred
• Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Certified Scrum Professional (CSP), or similar certification preferred.
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.