You could be the one who changes everything for our 24 million members. Centene is transforming the health of our communities, one person at a time. As a diversified, multi-national Fortune 50 and rapidly growing organization, our mission is fueled by exceptional talent. To support our rapid growth, we are building our East Coast headquarters and innovation hub here in Charlotte.
We are revolutionizing the world of healthcare through digital transformation and building a world-class software engineering practice. Our high caliber team delivers leading-edge technology and drives innovation to solve complex business challenges. Using collective innovation we are turning visions into action and challenging what is possible to support the healthcare of 1 in 15 individuals.
We are transforming technology and creating a digital evolution that will empower Centene to better serve our members. Product owners drive the vision for their product and own the end-to-end product strategy from concept to production. Your mission will include analyzing user requirements and issues, engaging closely with stakeholders to define requirements, and ensuring implementation of a critical product vision.
• Actively engage and collaborate across the enterprise and with all levels management and technical leaders to develop a strategic technology vision
• Develop and own the product technical road maps that drive the realization of the technology vision
• Engage various stakeholders (users, business owners, product owners, etc.) to define the product technical requirements and ensure implementation of technical roadmap.
• Gather feedback from operations teams and research industry trends to improve business systems processes
• Write and capture user stories and acceptance criteria in Jira to communicate clear product objectives and requirements
• Collaborate with delivery teams in daily scrum meetings to ensure to ensure features are clearly understood, estimated, and prioritized
• Simulate and test process systems improvements considering usability and industry standards
• Approve each feature and continuously communicate with technical and business teams to ensure adherence to product vision and to proactively evaluate risks
• Drive sprint and release plans and communicate changes to business teams
You are a highly collaborative, strategic risk-taker driven to make a difference and change the face of healthcare. You thrive in a supportive, result-oriented community and are committed to the relentless pursuit of continuous growth. You are highly agile, excel in fast-paced environments, and willing to push outside your comfort zone. You are ready to find your purpose at work.
• Deep knowledge of specified product domain and industry trends.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Information Technology, or related field.
• 5+ years of product ownership, product management, project management, or business analysis experience.
• Knowledge of Information Technology. Product Owner, Scrum Master, or Agile Coach experience preferred.
• Strong understanding of the application of current technology trends e.g. CI/CD, Cloud Native Architecture, Micro-Services, Machine Learning preferred.
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.