Technology Operations Manager – Global Information Security
The Cyber Security Technology (CST) function within Global Information Security is responsible for innovation and architecture, engineering, solutions and capabilities development, deployment maintenance and support of information technology security controls. The CST team is also responsible for the management of the program/project management teams.
We invite you to join the Global Information Security (GIS) team at Bank of America as a Systems Engineer/Team Manager. In this role, you will utilize the experience you have gained throughout your career to provide hands-on Team management, and operational support for commercial and custom software applications.
Your primary duties will allow you to use your in-depth technical knowledge and interpersonal skills to manage and enhance the operational environment for both vendor and internally developed applications. You should be willing to take rotational on-call duties, as this will be required.
As a Systems Engineer/Team Manager, you will have interaction with, and visibility to, members of the GIS senior leadership team as well as key business unit stakeholders. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with a deeply committed team of recognized information security experts on high visibility security initiatives for the Bank.
• Proven demonstrable leadership skills and qualities which enable you to work with peers and various levels of management.
• Team Management experience – Manage, inspire, and motivate an operational support team who are responsible for the stability of Cyber Security Technology Operations.
• Champion and drive a diverse, inclusive and supportive culture which stimulates collaboration.
• Experience of working with a broad range of systems development, infrastructure transformation, configuration management, and technical operations management tools in Linux and Windows environments.
• Ability to be comfortable delivering messages across a wide spectrum of individuals having varying degrees of technical understanding.
• Demonstrable experience of developing procedures that deliver end-to-end, tightly monitored, and supported environments.
• Experience and qualifications relating to the ITIL framework.
• Strong analytical skills/problem solving/conceptual thinking – out-of-the-box thinker.
• Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
• Demonstration of a professional, team oriented approach coupled with strong self-motivation and personal initiative.
• Be flexible, responsive, enthusiastic, have ability to work alone and as part of a team, and to foster positive relationships.
• Ability to work on initiatives with little oversight.
• Ability to identify, analyze, and address problems to resolve issues in a way that minimizes negative impact and risk to the organization.
• CISSP/Security+/SANS certifications
• Experience working in Agile development process and a deep understanding of various phases of the Software Development Life Cycle