OrthoCarolina is one of the nation’s leading independent academic orthopedics practices serving North and South Carolina and the Southeast since 1922. OrthoCarolina provides compassionate and comprehensive musculoskeletal care including operative and non-operative care, diagnostic imaging, and rehabilitative therapy. Widely known for musculoskeletal research and training, OrthoCarolina physicians have specialized expertise in foot and ankle, hip and knee, shoulder and elbow, spine, sports medicine, hand, pediatric orthopedics, and physical medicine and rehabilitation. We commit to improving the lives of all we serve, by providing premier patient care and compassionate, personalized service. Over 300 OrthoCarolina providers see more than one million patient visits throughout western North Carolina each year.
OrthoCarolina. You. Improved.
OrthoCarolina is looking for a Patient Concierge to join our newest Southpark location.
The Patient Concierge will demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively and professionally to build a rapport with others at all levels of responsibility. The ideal candidate will be expected to greet patients, prepare forms, and collect necessary information for the patient visit and will make appointments and perform cashier duties as directed by the Practice Manager. The overall goal is to enhance the patient experience by engaging the patient and anticipating needs throughout their visit. Our ideal candidate will also provide leadership skills, teambuilding, and creativity in problem-solving to meet company standards and goals.
• Must provide excellent customer service to all OrthoCarolina patients and employees.
• Greets and registers patients. Verifies and review patient demographic and insurance information for accuracy, completeness, obtains patient signatures, and scans patient insurance cards.
• Enters data on any updates/changes in insurance information and demographics. Provides patients with HIPAA information and answers basic questions concerning their insurance.
• Assembles patient charts with face sheet, CHARGE ticket, scribble sheet, and physician-specific forms and initiates charts to the clinic.
• Reviews schedules for next day appointments for needed information, balances due, and needed referrals and obtaining referrals if required. Runs reports as specified by practice manager.
• Schedules new and recheck appointments for patients when necessary.
• Oversees waiting area, reports problems or irregularities to practice manager/team leader. (Candidates must be able to fluctuate between long periods of standing and walking throughout the day)
• Answers phone, screens calls, takes messages, and provides information in pleasant and helpful manner.
• A career at OrthoCarolina will provide you with opportunities for career advancement, dedicated peer support, and continuing education. Our company is committed to providing our employees with the utmost positive work environment.
• Competitive salary package
• Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
• Health Savings Account
• Life insurance
• Short/Long term disability insurance
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Voluntary Home/Auto insurance
• Voluntary Accident/Cancer insurance
• Voluntary Legal Shield/Identity Theft
• Health Advocate – Employee Benefit Resource
• 401(k) retirement plan
• Profit-sharing plan
At OrthoCarolina, our team is our greatest asset and the foundation of our success; we share a common passion for making lives better. We are a diverse group of individuals, accountable to each other through the backbone of our beliefs: trust, honesty, and mutual respect; ensuring our voice is heard. Our positive environment supports individual growth and a sense of belonging. Our employees work together to uphold the standards of excellence and promote an environment of teamwork throughout the organization.