Sr. MicroStrategy Developer
You could be the one who changes everything for our 24 million members. Centene is transforming the health of our communities, one person at a time. As a diversified, multi-national Fortune 50 and rapidly growing organization, our mission is fueled by exceptional talent. To support our rapid growth, we are building our East Coast headquarters and innovation hub here in Charlotte.
We are revolutionizing the world of healthcare through digital transformation and building a world-class software engineering practice. Our high caliber team delivers leading edge technology and drives innovation to solve complex business challenges. Using collective innovation we are turning visions into action and challenging what is possible to support the healthcare of 1 in 15 individuals.
We are transforming technology and creating a digital evolution that will empower Centene to better serve our members. The Senior MicroStrategy Engineer will design, build, test, and maintain scalable and stable off-the-shelf application or custom-built technology solutions to meet business needs, acting as a subject matter expert for Application Software Developers and Engineers.
• Contribute to the entire implementation process including driving the definition of improvements based on business need and architectural improvements
• Meet with business partners to understand business needs
• Design overall solution strategies
• Design, build and test applications
• Conduct root cause analysis and advanced performance tuning for complex business processes and functionality
You are a highly collaborative, strategic risk-taker driven to make a difference and change the face of healthcare. You thrive in a supportive, result-oriented community and are committed to the relentless pursuit of continuous growth. You are highly agile, excel in fast-paced environments, and willing to push outside your comfort zone. You are ready to find your purpose at work.
• 3+ years of related experience.
• Healthcare experience strongly preferred, requires demonstrated understanding of business process as it relates to experience in the field.
• Experience with SQL.
• Advanced working knowledge of Business Intelligence Tools, including: MicroStrategy, Business Objects, Cognos, or Oracle Business Enterprise Edition (OBIEE), Tableau, or SAS. Experience with UNIX and ETL.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, related field or equivalent experience is required
• Experience with various databases, including: Teradata, Oracle or SQL Server