Customer Care Associate
Think of Carewell as Chewy.com for caregivers. Our values are rooted in convenience, dependability, and trust, with a bunch of fun thrown in for good measure. Family-founded and woman-led, our mission is to improve the health and happiness of caregivers and their families through personalized service and compelling content.
We make it simple for consumers to find products that will help them provide better care to loved ones who are aging, disabled, immunocompromised, or living with chronic conditions. With our enormous selection, low prices, and high-touch service, Carewell helps caregivers find everything they need on one site while placing family squarely at the heart of everything we do.
Making people feel better is what gets us out of bed in the morning. How about you?
This isn’t your ordinary customer service job – we need mission-driven, service-minded go-getters willing to go above and beyond to improve caregivers’ lives. We’re a close-knit team focused on empathy, kindness, and service. We love feedback, new ideas, and lifting each other up with frequent praise. But most of all, we love family caregivers.
• Having quality conversations with our members to address their questions, needs, and complaints
• Ensuring that every member we encounter feels supported and valued, and building lasting relationships with members based on trust, kindness, and reliability
• Fully engaging in all training and learning opportunities offered
• Recommending products that serve our members’ best interests
• Delivering above-and-beyond customer service experiences
• Practicing active listening, clarifying information, and diffusing tension for upset customers
• Utilizing software, databases, scripts, and tools appropriately
• Adhering to all company policies and procedures
• Attention to detail
• You’re comfortable asking sensitive questions and diffusing tense situations
• You make an effort to communicate from a place of empathy and kindness
• You give feedback often, and receive feedback with an open mind
• You see problems as opportunities to learn and take ownership of issues, even if they seem outside your realm of responsibility
• You promote happiness and positivity in every aspect of your life
• You look for opportunities to enhance processes, with the end goal of improving the customer experience
• You enjoy working collaboratively with teammates to help each other tackle problems and develop solutions that will benefit everyone
• Having an opportunity to truly make your mark. We’re young, growing, love new ideas, and welcome change!
• Working in an atmosphere of self-improvement. Giving and receiving feedback is at the core of what we do; we’re here to help each other grow.
• Learning constantly. We host regular team trainings on everything from dementia care to wound treatment.
• Lots of room to grow. We’re a small team that’s expanding every day! We constantly have new projects, and we’re always looking for someone to step up and take the lead.
Compensation and benefits:
• (Hourly): $10-$18 / hour dependent on experience
• Full-time employees are eligible to participate in Carewell’s benefits program, which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance and generous paid time off
Flexible work shifts (Monday through Sunday, 7am to 10pm ET)
Part time (24-32 hours / week) and full time (37-40 hours / week) roles available
• 70% on calls: The bulk of your time will be spent answering calls from customers to assist with order placement, reorders, de-escalation, product questions and guidance, returns, and website navigation
• 10% on emails: You’ll spend some of your time assisting customers with written support and guidance
• 10% on tasks and side work: You’ll spend some of your time on tasks, training, and project-based work
• 10% on professional and personal growth: The remainder of your time will be spent working directly with your manager on feedback, opportunities for growth, and ensuring you can be completely successful in this role.
Our Care Team is the heart of Carewell and our direct lifeline with members. CX is the largest department in the company, and accordingly, features the most opportunity for professional growth and advancement.
At Carewell, we expect team members to give 200%: 100% performance and 100% attitude. The possibilities at this company, in this industry, at this time in history are limitless, and employees who give their all will be rewarded with advancement. After 1-2 years as a Care Team associate, you will have an opportunity to train for and move into other areas of CX, including:
• People management
• Training and onboarding
• Hiring and recruiting
• Process development
• Project management
• Technical operations
• Departmental leadership and strategy