Provide prompt and courteous service to customers in order to maximize sales and customer service, so as to promote the company’s image of quality and professionalism.
Reports directly to the Store Manager and the Assistant Manager, works in close collaboration with the District Manager and other resource departments. Represents an integral part of the store team and through his/her participation creates a healthy and pleasant atmosphere
• Maximize sales and customer service
• Maintain merchandise displays
• Record all transactions on register
• Perform necessary housekeeping duties
• Practices professional salesmanship within the guidelines of store policy and procedures, in order to achieve maximum sales and provide the highest level of customer satisfaction.
• Promotes total customer service in a friendly way and as the most important consideration in every transaction.
• Ensures that special orders are handled efficiently.
• Maintains a neat, organized and well-stocked merchandise area.
• Ensures that merchandise is properly ticketed and attractively displayed.
• Communicates stock replenishment needs to Store Manager.
• Develops and maintains product knowledge of merchandise available from assigned department.
• Is aware of and implements store policies and procedures.
• Is responsible for adherence to all loss prevention and security policies, as well as credit policies and procedures, i.e. credit and debit cards, employee purchases, discounts, deposits, returns and exchanges.
• Is responsible for accuracy of sales bill completion.
• May assist in training other less-experienced sales associates in product knowledge, visual presentation and sales techniques.
• Conforms to the company’s dress code and presents an image that is consistent with the company standard.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Store Manager and Assistant Manager (i.e. shipping and receiving of merchandise, verification list, etc.)
• Related work experience: three months of selling experience (retail or service industry)
• General work experience or equivalent formal education: high school or equivalent
• Other qualifications: excellent communication skills, service-oriented, team player, fashion-oriented, bilingualism as required, and willing to work retail hours.