The Daniels Company works in the minerals industries while specializing in the coal industry with offices in Bluefield WV and Charlotte NC. The electrical engineer position presents an exciting opportunity to take on a leadership role in our company. You will use your education, experience, and knowledge while developing project design and implement them through the construction and commissioning phases of the work. If you are a detail-oriented and team-oriented individual this role can give you the chance to fully develop your interests and talents in a fast-paced construction environment.
• Design and install industrial control technologies such as PLC Programming (RSLogix 5000 ladder logic) and HMI (Factory Talk View human machine interface software)
• Electrical project management to ensure projects completed on time and on budget
• Develop budgets, estimating labor, material, and construction costs
• Conduct field studies to identify and correct electrical and/or control system problems
• Communicate with customers, engineers, vendors, and others to discuss existing or potential engineering projects
• Direct and coordinate constriction, installation, maintenance, support and documentation supporting industrial construction projects
• Review completed installations for expansion potential and design modifications as required
• Observe operating control systems and support as required
• Prepare and review material specifications for the purchase of materials and equipment to support current projects.
• Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering with 3 to 5 years field experience in construction/operating related experience with industrial electrical installations and controls. Recent graduate, with a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering and basic knowledge training in power distribution and PLC programming, is also welcomed
• Experience with design and installation of control technologies such as PLC programming (RSLogix 5000 ladder logic) and HMI (Factory Talk View human machine interface software will be plus)
• Capable of working multiple projects at one time
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Job site travel is required and varies with the work load
• Capable of lifting 50 pounds and climbing stairs.