Hopper Communities is focused on creating vibrant modern communities in exceptional neighborhoods. Our team is strong, passionate and collaborative. Learn more at hoppercommunities.com.
The Superintendent will supervise and direct all aspects of the Community from inception to move-in. Responsible for quality control, ensuring construction schedules are met, safety regulations are followed and customer satisfaction is maintained throughout the construction process.
• Responsible for construction and presentation of the homes in a timely manner
• Interface with the subcontractors, county inspectors and the customer
• Maintain a safe work site by implementing good housekeeping regulations and safety requirements, enforcing safe work habits and observing OSHA and any state-level agencies’ regulations
• Ensure that the work is in compliance with City or County requirements and building codes
• Ensure trade partner work is completed on time and within defined standards for quality
• Schedule all involved contractors on-site each phase of development and construction. Complete each home site on schedule from planning through occupancy, ensuring that all contract obligations are satisfied
• Coordinate with Purchasing Department regarding budgets and quality of trade partners
• Coordinate with various managers/departments regarding plans and specifications
• Ensure timely home completions and deliveries
• Inspect each completed home before homeowner walk-through to make sure it is complete, clean, and meets standards
• Walk each completed home with homeowner prior to closing
• Education and/or Experience Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills; ability to relate to others and defuse situations
• Professional verbal and written communication skills; ability to effectively communicate with a diverse workforce
• Strong organizational and time-management skills; ability to set, manage and consistently meet goals and deadlines
• Must be proactive, self-directed, highly motivated, and able to multi-task