Contact Lens Technician
We are Charlotte Eye Ear Nose & Throat Associates, P.A. (CEENTA), the region’s premier eye, ear, nose, and throat care provider for adults and pediatric patients for more than 95 years, and we are looking to add to our team. As the largest multi-specialty practice on the East Coast — with nearly 20 locations throughout North and South Carolina, over 140 providers offering comprehensive adult and pediatric care, and a full list of ancillary departments and services — we strive to hire the best staff possible to take excellent care of our patients.
We are seeking a patient-focused Contact Lens Technician who will be responsible for providing contact lens services including fitting, ordering, and updating contact lens prescriptions. You will also be responsible for gathering essential medical information from the patient, performing a variety of diagnostic tests and screenings, which provides the ophthalmologist with the required information needed for an accurate assessment of the patient’s ocular health.
• Assist the physician in providing complete contact lens services to patients
• Perform examinations, evaluations, fittings, and patient education
• Manage an independent contact lens schedule while insuring that patients are seen in a timely manner
• Maintain efficient and accurate contact lens records utilizing EPIC
• Provide patients with appropriate lens fittings after reviewing charts and discussing patient’s needs and requirements
• Conduct patient education, regarding proper wearing of lenses, insertion and removal, and use of solutions
• Troubleshoot difficult contact lens fitting problems to ensure patient satisfaction.
• Maintain an appropriate inventory of lenses and solutions, to insure adequate availability
• Reliability and Dependability: Dependability and trustworthiness. Maintains acceptable attendance and punctuality.
• Customer Service: Demonstrate exemplary customer service to ensure a positive patient experience.
• Information Collection & Management – Be able to collect, organize, and monitor patient information and clinical data accurately and efficiently. This data includes Protected Health Information (PHI), which must be handled in compliance with the Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act (HIPAA).
• Analytical Thinking: Gathers clinical data including patient vitals, chief complaint, allergies, and medications and assess possible alerts for the provider of abnormal data.
• Adaptability: Openness to different and new ways of doing things; willingness to modify one’s preferred way of doing things and demonstrates openness to new organizational structures, procedures, and technology.
• Organizational Skills: Plans and organizes tasks and work responsibilities to achieve objectives. Sets priorities. Schedules and completes tasks in an appropriate time span.
• Patient Facing Communication: Ability to effectively communicate expectations of treatments and therapies. Educate patient using patient friendly wording to increase patient comprehension of medical service.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to follow procedures and processes in accordance with CEENTA standards utilizing: (may vary by specialty and/ or physician)
• Network computer software applications, practice management software, and applicable electronic medical record software.
• Maintain proficiency in machines utilized to perform duties (Keratometer, topograopher, phoropter, radiuscope, lensometer, trial lenses)
Charlotte Eye Ear Nose and Throat Associates offers a competitive benefits package including medical insurance coverage and an employer matched 401(k). Join our team to provide exceptional patient care and employee customer service. EEO.