Public Relations Manager
Rentokil are part of the world’s largest pest prevention and service provider and the third largest in North America. We pride ourselves on being a trusted partner to many of the world’s leading brands across industries as diverse as manufacturing, distribution, retail, food service, and hospitality. We are extremely proud of our legacy of excellence and constantly work to enhance the value and impact of our services.
*This is a remote role*
Are you passionate about digital marketing? Looking to build your career in an exciting industry and a growing world-class organization? Come see why so many of our team members recommend us to their friends!
What do our Public Relations Managers do?
The Public Relations Manager is responsible for PR activities and other external communications for the organization. Responsibilities include identifying communications needs, developing communication plans and overall messaging. In partnership with peers, the PR Manager will drive brand positioning, thought leadership and reputation management through media outreach and other external outlets.
Primary or key responsibilities:
• Collaborate with the Marketing team to plan and execute publicity campaigns.
• Develop, monitor, and manage relationships with external stakeholders including influencer’s, government officials, community leaders, etc.
• Implement systems or processes to ensure timely identification of newsworthy issues, events, and people.
• Monitor, maintain and evaluate media coverage and placements through Public Relations management software.
• Coordinate interviews and media events, when appropriate.
• Manage all aspects of press release development, editorial content, build press relationships and track results.
• Achieve frequent, timely and positive media coverage for Rentokil North America in traditional national and regional media, vertical market publications and on-line.
• Assist Colleagues with media training for interviews.
• Align with the internal communications team with messaging.
• Collaborate with the digital and social media team to promote press mentions, during crisis situations and as an overall integrated communications process.
• Communicate Rentokil’s superior technical processes and products to differentiate our core offerings.
• Present reports on the effectiveness of campaigns.
What do we offer?
• World class training and paid licensing. No experience required.
• Base compensation plus commission with uncapped earning and growth potential.
• Company provided technology package and car allowance.
• Great benefits – Medical, Dental, and Vision, Employer-matched 401(k).
• Paid vacation, holidays, and PTO days.
• Short and long-term disability.
• Life Insurance.
What do you need?
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing/Communications/ PR or related field.
• 3-5 years experience in PR/Communications or related field.
• Experience working with media members and under tight deadlines.
• Coordination across cross-functional teams including sales, marketing and product management.
• Must possess superior verbal and written communication skills. Experience writing with AP Style.
• Excellent organizational skills with a heightened sense of attention to detail are key characteristics of the perfect candidate.
• Strong interpersonal skills that allow for healthy internal and external relationships are a must.
• Effective presentation skills.
• Ability to solve problems and function independently in a fast-paced work setting where change is the constant, not the exception.
• The Public Relations Manager may report to an office, but can also work remotely. Some time will be sent traveling. There may be overnight travel required.
This job has regular office hours but may have extended hours due to time-sensitive deadlines or required travel. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Must pass pre-employment background screen and drug test. Must possess a valid driver’s license and pass motor vehicle record search.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
We are looking for individuals who want to make a difference where our customers live and work. Is that you?