The Director of Outreach provides oversight for Outreach ministries, while bearing direct responsibility specifically for local and global missions, Grier Heights, and PC(USA) related involvements.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
• Three (3) to five (5) years of field mission experience.
• Committed follower of Christ.
• Evidence of personal discipleship.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Develops, evaluates, and guides the local and global Outreach programs.
• Supports and assists staff and lay leaders to create Outreach discipleship and engagement.
• Leads and facilitates local mission experiences to fulfill the mission of Outreach programs.
• Leads and facilitates international mission experiences to fulfill the mission of Outreach programs.
• Develops working relationships with local and global mission partner leadership.
• Serves as a resource person and consultant in all areas of Outreach.
• Serves as the staff liaison to the Outreach Council and its Outreach Funding Team.
• Serves on Ministry Council to accomplish overall church program coordination.
• Provides regular communication with congregation about Outreach programs and provides encouragement and support for congregational involvement in Outreach.
• Oversees and manages budget for Outreach.
• Works in partnership with Pastor, Session, and Outreach Council to both support and evaluate our existing mission partners and outreach efforts.
• Collaborate with Pastor / Head of Staff to identify and resource opportunities for pastoral support for Outreach.
• Available for occasional evening and weekend meetings and events as needed.
• Ability to manage the demands of annual international travel, sharing responsibility with other outreach, and pastoral staff.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Pastor for Discipleship and Pastor/Head of Staff.
This position provides supervision to the Outreach Coordinator, Mission Coordinator, and all other Outreach staff positions.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team to assess needs and produce results.
• Demonstrates cross cultural sensitivity.
• Ability to motivate and encourage lay leaders and Outreach disciples.
• Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships.
• Exhibits good time management skills resulting in a healthy work/life balance.
• Ability to accept and relate to a wide variety of people demonstrating compassion and love.
• Ability to communicate through verbal, written, or electronic means.
• Ability to plan, organize, and coordinate the work of disciples and church members.
• Demonstrates strong emotional stability and maturity.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Possess integrity and strong ethics.
• Ability to anticipate and solve problems.
• Demonstrates strong organizational skills.
• Ability to use Microsoft Office and the internet.
• Ability to prepare budgets and use financial statements.
• Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and a commitment to MPPC’s mission.
• Conversational Spanish an asset but not required.
Physical and mental requirements:
• Physical requirements include but may not be limited to: frequent sitting, standing, bending, stooping, and lifting up to 25 pounds; frequent handling of files, books, boxes of documents, keyboarding, operating a telephone and other office equipment.
• Ability to manage the rigors of international travel to include physical and scheduling demands.
• Mental requirements include but may not be limited to: general math functions, intermediate reading, advanced reasoning, advanced speaking ability, and advanced writing ability.
• The employee is required to be mobile throughout the building and frequently attend off-site functions including site visits, after hours Outreach events, and occasional weekend Outreach events.