Community Ambassador (Sales Associate)
Selenite Beauty is helping lead the movement toward healthier personal care by curating the best products on SeleniteBeauty.com and at our flagship boutique in Charlotte. We believe everyone deserves to experience the power of clean beauty and that you don’t have to sacrifice your health to look and feel beautiful.
Overall, the Sales Associate is responsible for customer service, operations and merchandising, and brand and mission messaging. Our Sales Associates serve as the face of our company, so through customer service, you have the opportunity to be a Community Ambassador for our brand. Plus, we need to make it as easy as possible for our customers to find what they need, when they need it.
Selenite Beauty is working hard to figure out the best ways to get new customers in our doors and online, and that involves hearing from our team about what customers are asking for and need from us. We are a small team and we often work collaboratively across different teams, giving you the opportunity to make a bigger impact on the business. We’re looking for Community Ambassadors who will:
• Build a friendly and welcoming in-store environment.
• Develop customer relationships. Communicate effectively with customers in-store and remotely (via phone and email) to determine the best products to fit their needs.
• Maintain a high level of product knowledge, beauty industry knowledge, and health and wellness industry knowledge. You will be industry experts, positioned perfectly to help guide new customers through a healthy beauty journey.
Operations & merchandising
• Help with store productivity, to hit sales goals, and maximize customer experiences.
• Actively participate in all merchandising activities including, but not limited to: restock shelves, help create new product purchase orders, and monitor stock for easy product replenishment.
• Organize and clean the store.
• Assist with fulfilling online orders as needed.
Brand & mission messaging
• Contribute to marketing projects to support Selenite’s brand and mission.
• Research and grow areas of opportunity for mission-driven collaboration and community partnerships.
• Weekly social media page assistance.
• Prior retail sales required
• Beauty industry preferred
• Must have evening and weekend availability.
• Energized by health, wellness, environmental sustainability, and start-up culture
• Team player willing to pitch in when and where needed to make the team successful
• Competitive hourly wage
• An inspiring, positive work environment
• Employee discount on products