This real estate roundup is proudly presented by The Redbud Group, creating great experiences. Here’s one of their favorite listings this week:
- 409 S. South St.: $189,500
- Neighborhood: Gastonia
- Realtor: Ebru Covgun at The Redbud Group
- Features: Charming white exterior with colorful door, generous-sized rooms, brick fireplace, 10-foot ceilings, walking distance from downtown
- Specs: 3 bed, 2 bath, 1,850 square feet
We got the first feeling of fall this week, and now I can’t get images of cute cottages festooned with piles of pumpkins out of my head. Here are 10 charming bungalows, cottages, and craftsman-style homes.
Why we love it: This two-bed cottage has new flooring throughout, a cozy living room with a brick fireplace, charming arched doorways, remodeled bathrooms, and a wood back deck.
- Neighborhood: Enderly Park
- Realtor: Burley Bardney at Bardney Realty LLC
- Specs: 2 bed, 1 bath, 984 square feet
- Notable features: New flooring, updated baths, wood back deck, charming entry, arched doorways, cozy living room
Why we love it: This bungalow-style four-bed has a great front porch, fenced-in yard, and updates throughout. I especially love the main bedroom which has added closet/storage space and an updated bath with a double vanity and separate tub and shower.
- Neighborhood: Highland Creek
- Realtor: Michelle Giolitti at NextHome At The Lake
- Specs: 4 bed, 3.5 bath, 3,020 square feet
- Notable features: Saussy Burbank built home, gracious owner’s suite, two-story great room, updated kitchen, fenced-in yard, curb appeal
Why we love it: With its shingled green exterior, dark hardwoods throughout, spacious main bedroom, and updates throughout, there’s a lot to love about this adorable two-bed. The flat fenced-in yard is a manageable size and has a wood deck — both of which I can really appreciate.
- Neighborhood: Midwood
- Realtor: Sarah Singletary at The McDevitt Agency
- Specs: 2 bed, 2 bath, 1,000 square feet
- Notable features: Great yard, nice updates throughout, wood flooring, owner’s retreat with sitting area, open floorplan, patio right off the kitchen (great for entertaining)
Why we love it: If the wrap-around porch doesn’t win you over, the stylish upgrades inside will. This house has new flooring, paint, fixtures, and finishes. The kitchen and bathrooms steal the show with great cabinetry and tile.
- Neighborhood: Smallwood
- Realtor: Steven Morgan at Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Paracle
- Specs: 3 bed, 2 bath, 1,251 square feet
- Notable features: Wrap-around porch, totally renovated, white kitchen with gold accents, chic bathrooms, bright interior
Why we love it: If you want Uptown views in a neighborhood setting, this might be your dream house. If the front porch views don’t do it for you, perhaps the closet will — it’s kind of perfect, IMO.
- Neighborhood: Biddleville
- Realtor: Nick Sands at Yancey Realty LLC
- Specs: 2 bed, 2 bath, 960 square feet
- Notable features: Open concept, Uptown views, great fenced-in yard, charming curb appeal, thick moldings, excellent main bedroom closet
Why we love it: This adorable bungalow has a gracious entry, custom kitchen cabinetry (that could be refreshed with paint and new pulls), and plenty of space for outdoor entertaining and a fire pit.
- Neighborhood: Chantilly
- Realtor: Mark Munson at HM Properties
- Specs: 3 bed, 1 bath, 1,014 square feet
- Notable features: Fresh paint, hardwoods, two-care garage, large laundry area, outdoor entertaining space, cozy living room
Why we love it: Calling all craftsman lovers! This home has all the details that make a craftsman so magical, including thick moldings, coffered ceilings, fabulous cabinetry, and mountain house vibes.
- Neighborhood: Plaza Midwood
- Realtor: Genevieve Williams at Genevieve Williams Real Estate LLC
- Specs: 4 bed, 3 bath, 2,667 square feet
- Notable features: Curb appeal, craftsman design, thick moldings, coffered ceilings, mountain house vibes, nice backyard
Why we love it: OK, this is my dream house. I love the expansive front porch, 10-foot ceilings, classic old-school charm, white kitchen, decently sized owner’s suite, and small yard with a paver patio.
- Neighborhood: Dilworth
- Realtor: Stephanie Cline at Belle Properties
- Specs: 3 bed, 2 bath, 2,188 square feet
- Notable features: Expansive front porch, 10-foot ceilings, classic old-school charm, white kitchen, decently sized owner’s suite, small yard with a paver patio
Why we love it: Built in 2017, no detail was overlooked in this beauty. Some of the best spots in the house are kitchen (love the use of mixed metals with those pendants), the family room with built-ins surrounding the fireplace, and both of the owner’s suites (yes, there are two).
- Neighborhood: Chantilly
- Realtor: Whitney Parsons at Realty ONE Group Select
- Specs: 5 bed, 4 bath, 3,567 square feet
- Notable features: Built by Carolina Craftsman Builders, entertainers layout, gorgeous kitchen, family room with built-ins and fireplace, two owner’s suites, stunning all around, great yard
Why we love it: This oversized craftsman bungalow, which is on .25 acres, has an open floorplan, fun fixtures and wallpaper, a modern, sleek kitchen, and cool architectural details throughout. You already know that paver patio is giving me heart eyes.
- Neighborhood: Midwood
- Realtor: Ken Riel at Nestlewood Realty, LLC
- Specs: 4 bed, 3.5 bath, 3,767 square feet
- Notable features: Wallpaper accent walls, craftsman build, quarter-acre lot, open layout, fun fixtures and lighting, modern kitchen