Do you love Charlotte? Are you the go-to person when it comes to planning a night out, always ready with a recommendation for the city’s most seasoned finds and hidden hotspots? As the Charlotte Community Manager, you’ll be a full-time Yelp employee (working out of your home or anywhere with secure WiFi) at the helm of a vibrant, buzzing community of locals who drink, shop, and play their way through the city via peer recommendations on Yelp.
Community Managers are driven, self-motivated, charismatic, and organized as they’re tasked with wrangling a slew of to-do’s both on- and offline, from writing and moderating to party planning and ring leading!
• You will plan events! Conceptualize, negotiate, plan and execute cool, fun and buzzworthy (big wow factor!) events/parties
• You will connect with Yelpers and business owners in person and online via all social media channel (and of course, Yelp)
• You will be in charge of marketing outreach for the area – connect with the right local organizations, barter weekly newsletter sponsorships for promotion of Yelp
• You will socialize and meet up with Yelpers. Attend local events. See and be seen. In the scene. Be the Mayor. Always on.
• You will write locally compelling newsletters weekly and inspiring reviews daily, as well as persuasive pitches to venue owners and marketing partners
• You will be accountable with stellar communication to your team, peers and those who support you at Yelp HQ
• You are driven!
• You are a social connector. You are the hub of your social world. You know everyone. Everyone knows you. The fun one. Diplomatic, too
• You reside in Charlotte, NC and consider yourself a local expert (see below)
• You have more than a few years of post-graduate professional experience
• You love to write – you know who you are… pencils down!
• 4-year college/university degree
• Currently living and rocking out in Charlotte, NC
• Experience with social media marketing, social networking, guerilla marketing tactics, and event planning