Create compelling content to help customers understand and navigate the complexities of health insurance, health care, and Medicare. This is a unique opportunity where your content will make a positive impact from the start. GoHealth is seeking a Content Writer, to help us grow our audience with useful and meaningful content. You will be a reporter/journalist, involved in the content strategy from ideation, research and writing, to publication. From educating customers on the principles of healthcare or Medicare, to creating highly interesting, data-backed editorials, this role will be a critical piece in establishing GoHealth as an authority.
Some digital content types you’ll work on include: short and long form content, white papers (data-backed research studies), lead forms and button-labeling, news releases, webinar or video series, online guides, listicles, and so on.
Due to the unprecedented situation of COVID-19, GoHealth has decided to protect our current and future employees by managing our business remotely. This is inclusive of interviewing, onboarding and each role day-to-day. Please consider that our roles will not be remote long-term and will return to an office setting once we’re safe to do so following the guidance of local health authorities’ and the CDC.
• Create highly engaging, unique content that serves a strategic need and addresses the customers’ emotional state. • Content must also be useful for an audience that may not know what exactly they need. Content must be well-researched, profoundly helpful/useful, comprehensive but not overwhelming, fact-checked, fulfill a content purpose, and optimized for SEO.
• Ideate and lead discussions on new content stories and/or strategies
• Meet all needs and deadlines set by the Senior Content Strategist
• Partner and develop strong relationships with various business, agent, analytics, and UX/development teams to help shape and execute your content vision
• Assist and share new ideas for digital/web product innovation
• Assist with email and other paid media advertising to unify brand voice and tone, as needed
• 2-3 years of experience – writing, reporting or digital copywriting and a passion for it.
• Bachelor’s Degree – English, Journalism, Communications, or Marketing
• Solid experience in web/digital copywriting, including functional and transactional copywriting
• Proven experience writing compelling and easy-to-read editorials or long-form content, based from complex subjects. Includes content with a strong focus on data, consumer sentiments or insights, etc.
• You’re meticulous and truly enjoy writing; You have a strong attention to detail; Strong communication and written skills; You’re a creative thinker and self-starter; both an independent worker and collaborative team player
• Proven ability to work with content deadlines, while not compromising content quality
• Thorough knowledge of grammar, syntax, style, spelling, and punctuation; understanding of AP and Chicago writing styles and citing standards
• Experience in the health insurance or medicare industry, or a strong desire to understand it
• Open vacation policy
• 401k program with company match
• Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits
• Flexible spending accounts
• Commuter and transit benefits
• Professional growth opportunities
• Casual dress code
• Generous employee referral bonuses
• Charitable events
• Monthly Event Calendar
• Birthday, Anniversary
• Onsite Cafeteria