Life Enrichment Coordinator
The Ivey® is Charlotte’s ONLY memory wellness day center devoted to serving individuals living with memory loss and their caregivers through programs, both onsite and virtual, designed to optimize brain health, promote memory wellness through social engagement, and provide respite for the whole family. Despite the challenges during this unprecedented COVID-19 pandemic, The Ivey remains steadfast, strictly following expert safety precautions, and is expanding its staff!
Are you an individual who is passionate about helping the older adult, enjoys working within a team, and has a work hard, play hard mentality? If yes, then The Ivey has the perfect job for you!
As a Life Enrichment Coordinator, you are creative, extroverted, energetic, motivated, and adaptable! Reporting to the Program Manager, you will work in our Onsite Club, conveniently located in the Southpark area of Charlotte, NC, creating and delivering vibrant, meaningful activities to individuals living with memory loss. You are not shy on camera, as your job responsibilities will also include the delivery of virtual, interactive, and high-quality sessions to the older adult who may be isolated in their home but benefits from, and needs, compassionate, social engagement. Virtual programming may be delivered in your home environment or in our Onsite Club. Comfortable with computers, you are proficient in Microsoft Office products and quick to learn other software programs needed to perform the job, such as ZOOM or Microsoft Teams. Skilled, efficient performance in administrative tasks and support of specific safety precautions and actions is also necessary. While onsite, during the COVID-19 pandemic, this position requires the wearing of a mask at all times as well as team participation in sanitizing areas that have been touched and utilized during the day.
• Improve and increase member engagement and retention by creating and delivering vibrant, meaningful, and varied content for onsite and virtual activities
• Encourage individual independence and participation in the day’s activities, respecting the individual’s right to choose not to do so.
• Provide one-on-one attention for those who require/ request it, reassuring those who become anxious or confused
• Support and contribute to the development of individual health and wellness care plans
• Participate in periodic Family Wellness and Care Plan meetings
• Respond to life-saving situations/emergencies based upon established medical standards, policies, and procedures, utilizing CPR and first aid as needed.
• Identify new opportunities to improve the customer experience throughout the process.
• Education: 4-year college degree or equivalent experience required
• Competencies and Skills: Creative, extroverted, energetic, motivated, and adaptable. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office products and quick to learn other software programs needed to perform the job, such as ZOOM or Microsoft Teams.
• Professional with excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
• Enthusiasm, problem-solving, and critical thinking a must.
Compensation and benefits:
• Above average, competitive rate
• Medical insurance – 50% paid employee premiums, family plans also available
• Dental and Vision insurance available
• Paid Time Off – accrues monthly based on hours worked up to 2 weeks in first year; COVID-19 pandemic may have different requirements; 7 paid holidays plus 3 floating holidays