The Paper Skyscraper has been Charlotte’s premier gift shop for over 30 years and is in the heart of Dilworth on East Blvd. We have gifts, books, and cards for everyone and every occasion. We passionate about making our customers smile and are consistently ranked as one of the top gift stores in the country every year.
We are looking for the best of the best. In this position, we are seeking a full-time General Manager to lead our in-store operations and assist our current management. The Store Manager is responsible for managing the day-to-day retail operations of the store inclusive of sales and service, team leadership, and operational excellence. The individual that we are seeking is self-motivated and team-oriented with excellent communication skills. As we continue to grow this individual will lead our in-store operations and work closely with the owner, management, and e-commerce team. Working 5 days a week with at least one weekend day is required.
• Great culture.
• Industry-leading compensation.
• Full benefits package (company-paid health insurance, 7% matching 401k and profit sharing), paid time off and performance-based pay with quarterly bonuses.
• Rewarding career that is a lot of fun with unlimited upside.
• Develop and implement strategies to drive sales and key performance indicators
• Implement product and visual merchandising directives and techniques to maximize space and drive sales
• Manage and exceed all inventory and shrink goals; plan and execute bi-annual Physical Inventory
• Manage inventory control procedures including product receipt, transfers, and returns
• Provide direction, feedback, and coaching in to foster collaboration and productivity
• Recruit, train and retain an exceptional team
• Train and coach team to meet and/or adhere to client service standards and company policies and procedures
• Manage store-level HR functions, including associate scheduling and timecard review/approval
• Manage and maintain store cleanliness and organization, including front of house and stock space
• Proficient in Microsoft Applications
• Proficient in Shopify (POS) system or ability to learn quickly
• Experience with back-office operations management, visual merchandising and recruitment/training
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to manage and mentor a team
• Strong business acumen with an understanding that the customer is right
• Ability to make decisions independently, or escalate when applicable
• Ability to work non-traditional hours; weekends, evenings and holidays
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field preferred
• Minimum 2 years of experience in retail store management
• Minimum 4 years of experience in a client services related capacity
• Determine each customer’s unique needs and offer suggestions and/or alternatives when needed in a high paced environment.
• Operate the POS system and cash register.
• Going the extra mile to satisfy customer needs and expectations.
• Assisting in choosing and buying process for specific vendors.
• Re-stocking inventory on the sales floor.
• Receiving, inspecting and checking-in fulfilled Purchase Orders.