Elements Brands owns a variety of consumer products companies that started as hidden gems with loyal followings. Our team amplifies the awesome attributes and untapped potential of each brand while retaining the original name and soul. At Elements Brands, we are e-commerce experts, we have a startup feel, and a focus on collaboration, results, and learning fast. Recently named one of Charlotte’s Best Places to Work and Fast 50, we are growing quickly (doubling revenue each of the past 5 years) and aim to accelerate that pace even further – the Senior Accountant is critical to this plan. We are very excited to meet you!
Accounting guru. Financial wizard. NetSuite junkie. Elements Brands is seeking a Senior Accountant with a strong analytical mindset to help grow our corporate accounting team. Reporting directly to the Accounting Manager, you will be an integral part in everything we do in accounting here at Elements Brands. This role will play a key part in month-end close, financial reporting, and general ledger maintenance. You will own our accounts receivable, accounts payable, and balance sheet reconciliations. You will be the go-to person for our internal sales, marketing, and operations teams. If you have deep experience in accounting, this is your chance to make a serious impact on a high growth business!
The ideal candidate for this role must have a strong bias towards accounting and must eagerly immerse themselves within all of our business units. This person will become a key quantitative resource who can adeptly analyze, translate and communicate business impacts.
• Complete month-end close and prepare financial reports for the management team
• Analyze the financial performance of the business
• Participate in our virtual happy hour games
• Engage in a lively discussion about Crunchy vs Creamy Peanut Butter, the “right way” to put ketchup on your fries, and What-a-Burger vs All other fast-food burger chains.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
• CPA license or working toward CPA preferred
• A solid understanding of GAAP
• 3-5 years minimum experience in general accounting
• ERP experience (e.g. NetSuite, Microsoft Dynamics, SAP)
• High attention to detail and compliance standards
• High proficiency in Microsoft Excel
• Excellent time management and prioritization skills
Compensation and benefits:
• Competitive salary
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance- Fully paid employee premiums, family plans also available
• 401(k) with 4% company matching
• Paid time off – 15 days plus 12 paid holidays
• Paid parental leave