Contact Lens Technician
Our mission is to enhance, restore, and preserve vision. Our physicians are passionate, talented professionals with a genuine interest in enhancing the lives of those with vision problems. We strive to better our patients’ quality of life through the most advanced technological procedures and state-of-the-art equipment. We’re always looking for qualified staff members who share our commitment to providing clinical excellence. We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to address the diverse needs of our employees and their families and allow them to maintain good health, financial well-being, and plan for retirement.
The Contact Lens Technician is responsible for trainings, daily work flow, proper fitting techniques, and administrative duties related to the fitting and sale of contact lenses.
• Accurately fits all varieties of contact lenses. Takes accurate measurements needed for proper CL evaluations, checks visual acuity, and assessment of proper lens fits. This includes Soft lenses, RGPs, Scleral lenses, and Pediatric evaluations.
• Documents contact lens fitting, recheck and ordering information in NextGen and Optical Management. Completes all tasks prior to leaving at the end of day.
• Completes contact lens order sheet completely and orders contact lens.
• Encourages annual sales and direct ships.
• Opens and sorts mail. Calls patients when contacts are in. Calls and reminds patients that have not picked contacts.
• Keeps contact lens area clean and neat, free of clutter. Opens boxes and puts away new product, trial lenses and solutions.
• Attends scheduled contact lens meetings and seminars.
• Makes appointments for contact lens fittings, follow-up and pickup.
• Checks voice mail and messaging system hourly and responds in a timely manner.
• Notifies patients when lenses are on backorder. Calls vendors for follow-up on late lens orders.
• Understands contact lens distributor’s website and online ordering processes.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• NCLE Certification preferred
• Minimum of 1 year of contact lens fitting experience
• Experience using Microsoft Office programs, such as Excel and Word required
• Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
• Manage multiple projects with changing priorities