Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio, and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Are you a strategic thinker who can see beyond the now? Be part of a team that is developing the strategy and direction of one of the biggest players in the aerospace industry. The Strategy, Development & Communications team is a major influencer in the long-term vision of Collins Aerospace. Working together with teams across the company, we focus on strategic planning and analysis, internal and external communications, mergers and acquisitions and revenue synergies. Join a team that has its pulse on the future of aerospace and watch your career take flight.
The communications specialist role aligned to one of our company’s six (6) strategic business units is a key player on the global communication team. The role’s principal focus is to support the execution of key components of the businesses’ integrated communications strategy – tackling projects aligned to both strategic marketing pursuits and internal/executive communications.
Reporting to the communication team’s associate director, the communications specialist is an early career communications professional and will be responsible for initiating and delivering innovative communications through a matrixed, cross-functional team and in a global environment. The specialist is focused on developing strong writing skills contributing to the development and execution of communications plans aligned to both product and employee initiatives. The role is focused on tactical support — including, but not limited to; newsletter/email distribution, website administration, video production, town hall management, survey tools, and more. The specialist also collaborates with central Communications teammates and supports/deploys functional best practice communication efforts.
• Work with SBU leaders to build and execute internal and external communication plans
• Create timely, relevant, dynamic written communications and presentations with a focus on writing articles to recognize employees, celebrate product milestones and share key business wins for employee newsletter and intranet channels
• Distribute regular employee messaging via various platforms (email, Poppulo, SharePoint, etc.)
• Support town hall meetings
• Support employee engagement activities – inclusive of Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives such as “Introduce a Girl to Engineering,” Women in Line Leadership (WILL) events, and more.
• Gather metrics for reporting and analysis
• Marketing Communications
• Support key elements of a marketing plan as assigned, inclusive of but not limited to;
• Conduct market research & actively participate in campaign brainstorming
• Development and execution of marketing campaign messaging through appropriate channels (trade shows, target email, trade press, social media, e-mail, digital, etc…
• Bachelor’s Degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience OR Advanced Degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience OR in the absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience.
• Ability to travel 10-15%
• Minimum of two to five years of communications experience in a corporate environment.
• Experience in an international environment with a strong manufacturing or technical background is a plus
• Early track record of solid written, verbal and non-verbal communication
• Basic knowledge of internal communications strategies and channels, including effective use of digital and video communications
• Skilled with web-based publishing and distribution tools
• Basic awareness of digital and experiential marketing campaigns that result in strong customer relationships and satisfaction
• Basic awareness of developing news releases, proactive media pitching, and storytelling that delivers impactful, positive outcomes
• Ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize and act with a sense of urgency
• Critical thinker – with an ability to learn and problem solve basic business issues
• Passion for engaging in new and innovative communications driving breakthrough audience experiences
• Healthy sense of humor, positive outlook and lover of all things team
• Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
• Aerospace or Manufacturing Experience
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
• Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
• Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
• Redbrick – Incentives for a Healthy You
• Autism Benefit
• Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
• Adoption Assistance
• Best Doctors, second opinion program