Assist patients with the selection and fitting of their prescription eyewear while assisting the physician by providing medical treatment and medical care services to patients by performing duties within the scope of the policy and procedures defined by Charlotte Eye Ear Nose and Throat Associates.
• Utilize Point of Sale and EMR software to input patient eyewear orders.
• Educate patients of frame and lens options to expedite.
• Verify the correctness of Rx in prescription eyewear received from the lab.
• Operate other optical equipment to facilitate the manufacture of eyewear.
• Troubleshoot eyewear to eliminate patient concerns and adjust accordingly.
• Demonstrate a working knowledge of opticianry.
• Maintain the appearance of the optical dispensary.
• Evaluate and manage patient concerns with any issues with eyewear.
• Reliability and Dependability: Dependability and trustworthiness. Maintains acceptable attendance and punctuality.
• Customer Service: Demonstrate exemplary customer service to ensure a positive patient experience.
• Information Collection & Management: Able be able to collect, organize, and monitor patient information and clinical data accurately and efficiently. This data includes Protected Health Information (PHI), which must be handled in compliance with the Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act (HIPAA).
• Adaptability: Openness to different and new ways of doing things; willingness to modify one’s preferred way of doing things and demonstrates openness to new organizational structures, procedures, and technology.
• Organizational Skills: Plans and organizes tasks and work responsibilities to achieve objectives. Sets priorities. Schedules and completes tasks in an appropriate time span.
• Patient Facing Communication: Ability to effectively communicate the expectation of treatments and therapies. Educate patients using patient-friendly wording to increase patient comprehension of medical service.
• High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required; a minimum of 1-2 years of working in an optical setting. Previous experience with EHR system preferred. 2 years of Customer-centered sales experience a plus.
• Opticianry, customer service and organizational skills, data entry, written and verbal communication skills, ability to maintain a positive team-oriented attitude with attention to details.
• Microsoft Office experience preferred especially Outlook.
• Computer software network applications, practice management software, and applicable electronic medical record software.