Allergy Technician – Blakeney
We are Charlotte Eye Ear Nose & Throat Associates, P.A. (CEENTA), the region’s premier eye, ear, nose, and throat care provider for adults and pediatric patients for more than 95 years, and we are looking to add to our team. As the largest multi-specialty practice on the East Coast — with nearly 20 locations throughout North and South Carolina, over 140 providers offering comprehensive adult and pediatric care, and a full list of ancillary departments and services — we strive to hire the best staff possible to take excellent care of our patients.
We are currently looking for an Allergy Technician who will be responsible for assisting physicians by providing diagnostic testing, evaluation, and treatment of allergies for clinical patients. This role is also responsible for providing medical treatment and care services to patients by performing duties within the scope of the policy and procedures defined by CEENTA.
This is a full-time position and is located in our Blakeney office.
• Document patient encounters properly in accordance with CEENTA compliance guidelines in electronic medical record software in a timely manner.
• Provide educational and triage information to the patient and their families (when appropriate).
• Maintain OSHA standards to ensure a sterilized and safe environment.
• Maintain CEENTA Compliance standards in regards to patient demographics and medical information.
• Perform allergy testing at the request of the physician to assist in the care of the patient.
• Follow Allergy Department protocol in the administering of allergy injections, tests and mixing of allergy extract vials.
• Educate patients on environmental control of allergens.
• Maintains inventories and requisition supplies.
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks at once.
• Good communication skills with both patients and coworker.
• Outstanding reading, writing and organization skills.
• Detail-oriented personality.
• Sense of responsibility and compassion.
• Creative thinking and problem-solving skills to help determine the cause of unusual allergic reactions.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and 1 year or more related experience/certification as a Registered or Certified Medical Assistant.
• One year of allergy experience or a valid certification from the AAMA as a CMA or RMA.
• Customer Service and organizational skills, data entry, written and verbal communication skills, maintain a positive, team-oriented attitude with attention to detail.
• Computer software network applications, practice management software, and applicable electronic medical record software.
• Ability to follow procedures and processes in accordance with CEENTA standards utilizing: subcutaneous, intra-dermal and IM injections, perform venipuncture, centrifuge, blood pressure cuff, stethoscope.
Compensation and benefits:
Charlotte Eye Ear Nose and Throat Associates offer a competitive benefits package including medical insurance coverage and an employer-matched 401(k). Join our team to provide exceptional patient care and employee customer service. EEO.