Mortgage Servicing Manager
Wyndham Capital Mortgage (WCM), founded in 2001, is a Fintech Mortgage Lender headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina. Our cultural belief is to empower our team members to enrich their lives and careers while working with modern technology, robotics, and automation to eliminate repetitive work and leverage our employee’s human potential and highest-value work. At Wyndham Capital, we intend to facilitate a greater sense of purpose in our jobs and lives. Your involvement will translate directly to continuous improvement in our systems, processes, and customer experience. We believe your experience at WCM will catapult your career growth and nurture your life’s journey.
Wyndham Capital Mortgage is seeking a Manager of Mortgage Loan Servicing who will be directly responsible for the Company’s interim servicing and subservicing day-to-day support, oversight, and surveillance program related to residential mortgage loans. This includes managing aspects of the third-party subservicing relationship and compliance with all applicable servicing requirements.
• Management of borrower correspondence, such as monthly billing statements, collection calls, and notices, Notice of transfer letters, and/or customer service calls and complaints.
• Proper application and disbursement of borrower payments, tax, insurance, and PMI/MI premiums.
• Monitor and track all HOI changes or cancelation of policy notices, for mortgage loans, to ensure that they remain properly insured.
• Ensuring assistance and/or relief is provided to borrowers impacted by a disaster.
• Monitor Servicing Status, track, and provide reporting to Accounting any borrower payments to be forwarded to the current servicer of the loan.
• Provide new loan servicer with any customer correspondence or complaints and work in conjunction with the current loan servicer to resolve such issues
• Any and all other tasks assigned.
• Sub-Servicing Responsibilities
• Review and update Servicing and Sub-Servicing processes and procedures as needed.
• Monitor delivery, loan set up, and accuracy of all mortgage loan data designated for Sub-Servicing, including reasonable audits of a designated percentage of files.
• Continued monitoring and control of Sub-Servicer’s loan administration activities.
• Monitor and assist Sub-servicer with research and resolution of any issues pertaining to the application of borrower payment, escrow advances, Investor reporting, and/or other loan issues.
• Review Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and Ginnie Mae audit reports with Sub-servicer to ensure any material findings are adequately corrected and updated.
• Monthly review of Customer Complaints received, and continued monitoring of resolutions and trends identified.
• Ensure and maintain outstanding customer service to borrowers through the review of Sub-Servicer Call Center reports.
• Ensure Sub-Servicer provides aid and/or relief to Customers impacted by a natural disaster or other economic impacts as designated by State or Federal Government and/or GSEs.
• Assists Compliance and Accounting with monitoring and reporting of mortgage loans in Foreclosure, Loss Mitigation, Bankruptcy, and other delinquency trends within the Sub-Servicing portfolio.
• Any and all other tasks assigned.
• Minimum 5 years direct mortgage, banking or financial institution experience, with the 3 years immediately preceding this opportunity to be in Mortgage Loan Servicing
• Experience with payment processing, investor reporting, collections, default services, and reporting, REO disposition, claims processing, customer service, sub-servicer management and oversight, government loans (FHA, VA, USDA), with a strong emphasis in Ginnie Mae
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Interpersonal skills supportive of a collaborative team and strong culture
• Ability to work independently to support specific goals and objectives
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution preferred
Compensation and benefits:
• Group health coverage (medical, dental, & vision)
• Paid Time Off
• Employee Assistance Programs
• Pre-tax health spending account (HSA)
• 401(k) plan (with company match)
• Company provided life insurance
• Pet Insurance
• 8 hours of Volunteer Time Off
• Employee discounts (fitness, phone)
• Wellness events