A Charlotte institution for nearly 40 years, Carolina Raptor Center is at the precipice of amazing change as it gets set to move into Quest – a state-of-the-art environmental education center located at Latta Nature Preserve. The organization is seeking an organized, experienced financial professional to assist with the management of this new cultural asset and further establish the Raptor Center as a top Charlotte destination for hands-on STEM engagement.
Following nearly a decade of discussion and visioning, Carolina Raptor Center, in partnership with Mecklenburg County Park & Recreation, is building a new state-of-the-art Center at the Latta Nature Preserve. This once-in-a-generation project, “Quest,” promises to increase Carolina Raptor Center’s impact across a wide spectrum of audiences to include expanded conservation efforts, increased educational programming, access for underserved communities, and significant economic impact in the region.
Join a growing non-profit team in a key role in overseeing the organization’s accounting, payroll processing, and financial reporting. This part-time position provides flexibility and has the potential to grow to full time over the next two years.
Must be a QuickBooks wizard, have a command of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), and be able to communicate timely financial information to CRC Leadership and Board. If you have impeccable organizational skills, an independent work ethic, are detail-driven, and thrive as a member of a team, we are interested in talking with you. We are seeking a self-starter who demonstrates the ability to balance priorities well and the intellectual curiosity to stay abreast of business best practices and trends.
General ledger management
• Manage all accounts receivable and payable
• Prepare deposits
• Reconcile bank statements for multiple bank accounts
• Manage Capital Campaign payments in QuickBooks and maintain records
• Create Monthly Financial Reports
• Participate in monthly Finance Committee meeting to discuss the financial status
• File and pay NC and SC Sales taxes
• Monitor Endowment Activity
• Assist with development of organizational budget
• Prepare for the annual audit and assist auditor as needed
• Maintain personnel records
• Process Payroll
• Maintain records related to banking accounts, vendors, licenses, contracts, and insurance policies
• Minimum of Associate’s degree in business, accounting, finance, management, or other like program
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in bookkeeping required, non-profit experience preferred
• Computer skills: QuickBooks, Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) with strong Excel skills, and online payroll processing
• Valid North Carolina Drivers’ License
• Impeccable organizational skills
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Ability to perform to high standards with tight and demanding time schedules.
• Demonstrate ability to work effectively with staff, Board and vendors.
• Ability to effectively prioritize work/goals.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and manage time appropriately.
• Professional manner
• Understanding of CRC mission
Compensation and benefits:
• Non-exempt, part-time (20 – 25 hours per week, ability to work remotely several days per week), starting at $20 – $22 per hour based on experience