Among the largest private grantmaking foundations in the Southeast, The Leon Levine Foundation’s mission is to improve the human condition across North Carolina and South Carolina by creating permanent, measurable and life-changing impact. Our focus lies in four mission areas: Education, Health Care, Human Services and Jewish Values.
Join our inclusive, experienced and collaborative team where you’ll be valued for your unique skills, thoughts and experiences. Work every day to improve the lives of those around you.
The Foundation is searching for a Program Associate with a keen interest in working in grantmaking. The successful candidate will work closely with senior staff on a wide variety of assignments.
• Providing administrative support during grantmaking process (reviewing and assessing grant applications, sending due diligence requests, meeting preparation and research, documentation)
• Planning and participating in meetings and site visits with grantees
• Mission area research and planning
• A BS/BA degree or higher
• 1-4 years of work experience.
• Willingness to travel across North Carolina and South Carolina, occasionally overnight.
• Effective organizational, multi-tasking, adaptability and prioritizing skills
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to actively listen, elicit information, comprehend issues/needs and analyze information
• Ability to handle information professionally and confidentially
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment
• Shows ethics and integrity with a focus on judgement, risk management and public representation
• High emotional intelligence
• Basic Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) skills
• Basic knowledge and understanding of financial reports
Compensation and benefits:
• Competitive salary – including a 5% 401(k) match
• Health Insurance – 75% employer paid
• Dental, Disability and Life Insurance – employer paid