Senior Manager IT Solutions – Consumer Privacy
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 18 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2019 sales of $72.1 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports its hometown Charlotte region and all communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
The primary purpose of this role is to ensure the alignment, buy-in, and support of diverse stakeholders, drive the software development lifecycle across the consumer privacy portfolio of software solutions, and oversee all testing initiatives for the portfolio. This position works closely with multiple IT teams in order to manage an application portfolio and provide resources in support of the portfolio. This position is also responsible for providing insight and recommendations to inform the ongoing strategy for health and care of assigned portfolio assets and controlling portfolio risks.
• Ensures the alignment, buy-in, and support of diverse stakeholders by building and maintaining trusting relationships with internal customers, legal, third party vendors, and senior management.
• Ensures adherence of written code to company standards and to resolve escalated issues throughout the portfolio development, implementation, and support lifecycle.
• Manages an application portfolio and provides resources in support of the portfolio by leveraging partnerships with IT teams, vendors, and business leaders.
• Oversees all testing initiatives for assigned portfolio by meeting with testing managers relevant teams to drive and to review the progress of testing efforts.
• Collaborates with product management to develop and maintain privacy product roadmap
• Drives the software development lifecycle across a functional portfolio of software solutions by ensuring the execution of all portfolio development, implementation, support, and maintenance efforts.
• Coordinates the development, analysis, and management of portfolio estimation and execution plans, schedules, demand intake, and resource forecasts.
• Monitors overall project product performance across the portfolio against plans.
• Provides insight and recommendations to inform the ongoing strategy for health and care of assigned portfolio assets.
• Controls portfolio risks by identifying risks and trigger events.
• Coordinates risk response and contingency plans.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related field
• 10+ years IT experience (additional equivalent work experience may be substituted for the degree requirement)
• 3+ years’ experience software development or related field
• 6+ years’ experience working on project(s) involving the implementation of software development life cycles (SDLC)
• 5+ years’ experience leading teams, with or without direct reports
• Master’s Degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field
• PMP or other project/program management certification
• Knowledge of CCPA, GDPR, or general consumer privacy best practices
• Experience with the ServiceNow framework especially the customer service management module
• 4+ year experience working with Product Management and following an agile development methodology
• 2+ years supervisory experience
• 2+ years’ experience in an IT role requiring interaction with senior leadership
• 2+ years leadership role of a large matrixed organization
• 2+ years’ experience managing operational and/or project financial budgets
• 3+ years’ experience working with an IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework
• 4+ years IT experience developing and implementing systems within an organization
• 2+ years’ experience managing systems analysis, including defining technical requirements and performing high level design for complex solutions
• 4+ years’ experience working with third party IT vendors and/or software solution providers
• 2+ years IT management experience in the retail industry
• 2+ years IT consulting experience