Hornets Sports & Entertainment (HSE) Graphic Designers are a team of brand-focused and service-minded problem solvers who uphold and evolve HSE brand standards. They bring a high level of creativity, quality and aesthetics to projects such as seasonal theme and sales campaigns, brand asset development, presentation mockups and decks, and arena marketing creative.
You will have a strong portfolio that showcases creative range, critical thinking and technical proficiency and preferably have experience working in sports and/or with larger brands. This role requires that you possess strong interpersonal skills and thrive in a collaborative team environment, but can also function independently at a high level.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• Conceptualizing and graphic development for print and digital purposes for Hornets Sports & Entertainment. Some of the departments you will support are Ticket Sales, Partnerships, Marketing, Corporate Social Responsibility, Arena Marketing and Human Resources.
• Deliver end-to-end design: from concept exploration to delivering production specs and assets for various end uses, including print, digital, apparel, etc.
• Collaborate with the creative team to consistently deliver on all creative deliverables in a timely manner.
• Engage in cross-departmental collaboration with Video, Animation, and Digital departments as part of an internal creative team to drive themes and storylines as well as visual consistency.
• Create mockups for internal and external presentation purposes.
• Help contribute to operational processes and workflow.
• Periodically attend game night and event activations to observe and identify opportunities to enhance creative.
• Assist in seasonal creative campaign development for the Greensboro Swarm and Hornets Venom GT.
• Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or related business degree from an accredited college or university.
• 2+ years of professional Graphic Design experience.
• Ideally, a strong knowledge of basketball and sports and knowledge of Hornets brand preferred.
• A portfolio that showcases a fundamental grasp of design principles such as typography, layout, color theory, imagery selection, and illustration.
• Ability to prioritize multiple team projects to ensure design solutions are on strategy, on brand, on time, delivered with a high level of quality and serve the intended purpose of the organization.
• Working knowledge of print production and retouching process.
• Passion for staying on top of design trends and industry news.
• Intermediate-to-Advanced working knowledge and understanding of Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Apple Keynote and Microsoft Office in a Mac-friendly environment.
• Familiarity with creating mockups for presentation purposes.
• Awareness of trends specific to the sports and entertainment industries is required.
• Understanding of basic animation and photography principles is a plus.
• Ability to prioritize multiple projects simultaneously, ensuring design solutions meet organizational objectives and are delivered with the highest degree of quality, attention to detail, and professionalism.
• Interpersonal skills – Willingness to coach, be coached and open to different perspectives and ideas, responds well to direction from leadership and peers.
• Possess excellent communication skills, including written and verbal, and have the ability to present ideas clearly and concisely to all levels of the organization.
• Dependability is necessary; consistently at work on time, and possess a strong work ethic and operate with a high level of integrity.
• Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
• Overall positive outlook and a solutions-based mindset.
• Ability to shape research, data, and collected intel into strategic solutions.
• Ability to occasionally work extended hours including Spectrum Arena events, Hornets home games, nights, weekends and holidays.