Digital Content Associate

This position has been filled or has expired. To search all open positions, visit our Job Board.

Natural Dog Company is owned and operated by Elements Brands. Elements Brands owns a variety of consumer products companies that started as hidden gems with loyal followings. Our team of experts amplifies their awesome attributes and untapped potential while retaining each brand’s original name and soul. Named one of Charlotte Best Places to work in2017 & 2018 as well as a Charlotte Fast 50 Company, we have an informal, results-focused work environment filled with employees who thrive with our fast-paced, “drink from the fire hose” mentality. Elements Brands is located in Lower South End just around the corner from OMB. Learn more about each of our individual brands at

Natural Dog Company is searching for a Digital Content Associate to join our fast-growing team. This position will utilize both existing and fresh content to improve SEO and create a compelling customer experience. The ideal candidate has experience researching, conceptualizing, and managing a variety of content types such as long-form guides, lifestyle features, and reports.

Our Digital Content Associate will focus 80% of their time on content evaluation and planning. This includes coordinating and managing an established network of freelance content creators by providing relevant topics and keyword research. The other 20% will be spent on SEO analysis and reporting. This includes monitoring keyword rankings, technical SEO errors, backlink toxicity, and other KPIs.

If you were our Digital Content Associate, you would have completed the following in the past 2 weeks: 
• Audited our site’s current suite of content for improvement opportunities.
• Performed keyword analysis to identify high-value search phrases.
• Planned and presented a content roadmap for the next quarter.
• Edited, proofed and published a piece of content from a freelance writer.
• Facilitated meetings with content creators to assign and track progress on content pieces.
• Collaborated with a Veterinarian advisor to determine our stance on a particular ingredient in canine dental products.

• Expert-level knowledge of content strategy and SEO. You’ve used tools like Screaming Frog and SEMrush to plan new content, improve site organization, and monitor performance/ranking.
• Experience managing and delegating to a network of writers.
• Experience conceptualizing, writing, editing, and proofing multiple types of content.
• Lots of love for dogs. Obviously.
• A passion for eCommerce. You are interested in the analytics behind buying and selling online.

Compensation is commensurate with experience. Paid vacation and holidays. Healthcare and 401k matching available.

75 Total Views 2 Views Today