The Plaid Penguin is looking for a full-time lead designer. In this position, you will help lead and produce a wide variety of creative outputs including: production, multimedia, branding/identity, and web. Within a given week you might be creating a new brand, conceptualizing packaging, designing a website, on-site with clients discussing signage for a retail store, creating social media ads, designing emails, updating websites/menus, brainstorming ad and campaign concepts, designing merchandise or be on-site art directing a photoshoot. We are a small, tight-knit team and work in close quarters (6 feet apart though).
• Understand the client’s business/communication goals and translate them into unique creative solutions.
• Lead wayfinding, environmental, and signage system designs: starting with meeting with the client and/or architect designer for initial concepts to coordinating production with vendors.
• Work closely and support team with digital content to include but not limited to: email marketing design, social media graphical libraries, and special event materials.
• Develop or refresh brand assets and visual libraries.
• Translate marketing objectives into clear creative strategies and design projects.
• Use a wide range of media, including photography and video, to produce accurate and high-quality work.
• Assist team with brainstorming, marketing and advertising concepts.
• A strong presenter of ideas expressed through design.
• A person with a “jump right in” attitude to help the team.
• An optimistic problem solver; one who finds opportunity in challenge. (“I don’t know how to do that” is a last-choice answer)
• Strong design intuition and a keen sense of what can work in the future, not what has worked in the past.
• Passion and eagerness to collaborate with others.
• Must love hospitality, food/beverage, and the experience that it brings to others.
• Strong eye for color, composition, typography, and photo editing.
• 5 years of professional design experience.
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, XD) and Microsoft Office.
• Experience working in a Mac OS environment.
• Knowledge of the print production process, preparing files for print, and requesting print estimates.
• Understanding of digital design and output (website design, social media graphics, website banners, digital signage, etc.).
• Experience collaborating with creative teams, clients, and vendors.
• Ability to multi-task and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience. Health insurance is available. The Plaid Penguin endorses and supports any and all efforts employees make to better their skills, whether that be creative or technical.